What do I need?

• Members

I don't get out of the drum forum much, but I'm trying to expand my knowledge a little.....I've always been more of a schleper when it comes to setting up sound equipment. Now I'm trying to put together my own band project and was needing some help knowing what I need and how to hook everything up...

Here's what I have:

Behringer Xenxy 2222FX

2 - Behringer B1520 Pro speakers for mains

2 - Behringer B1220 Pro speakers for monitors

1 - Behringer EP2500 amp

1 - Behringer EP1500 amp

The mixer has a left and right main out, and 2 subgroups. The main question I have is how to hook up the monitors so I have control over them. I thought when I purchased this that I would run the main outs to the larger amp, then to the mains and I would use one of the subgroups to run to the smaller amp for the monitors and would possibly use a smaller powered speaker (Hot Spot) on the left-over subgroup back to my drum kit for my own monitor......when I told a friend about the set-up, he said that I couldn't use the subgroups like that, but he couldn't explain what they are for....

Could you guys explain to me what the subgroup outs are for and if I was correct in my thinking? Can I run the monitors on one of the subgroups? If not, what do I need to accomplish this?

I appreciate any input I can get...I've searched the net and haven't found the answer to my delema.

(Just a note: I'm well aware that some people don't like Behringer, I've always had good luck with them and have industry friends who work for them, so I use Behringer, please don't make this a bashing thread)

• Members

You'd normally use the aux sends(s) for monitors. Aux1 (perhaps labeled "Mon"?) is pre fader which means you can set up a monitor mix on those knobs that doesn't change with the faders. Aux2 is switchable pre/post fader and can be either used pre fader for a second monitor mix or post fader as a second effects send. Aux3 (perhaps labeled "FX"?) sends to the internal effects unit and is permanently post fader as you want your reverb volume to track your channel volumes :).

Archived