Fingerstyle Acoustic, God is Love, Music by Michael Joncas

Rene Asologuitar

• Members
3 hours ago, Mikeo said:

Another beautiful piece and some fine guitar playing.

Hi Mikeo,

Thanks for the kind words.  I want to ask your opinion on a personal level, my personal guitar play.  As you can see, my finger style guitar playing is at the basic level, mostly playing the chords and the basic melody of the song.  I try to make it sound good, but still on the basic level.  Like all guitar players, I want to improve, and I want to keep my eyes on finger style guitar.  Maybe you can share some ideas for me to work on.

I have no guitar teacher at the moment, and had the chance to be under a good teacher a few years back, but only for approximately 6 months.  He was the one that got me into learning the basics of music and sight reading.

Anyway, if you can get me moving in the right direction, I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks Mikeo!

Respectfully,

Rene

• Members
1 hour ago, DeepEnd said:

Well done again. As for your playing, you're 'way better than I am, if it helps. :classic_wink:

DeepEnd,

Thanks for the guitar playing compliments.  I might be right to say that I am also older than you are, as I am 60 years old.  If I am correct, then you have plenty of time to improve on your guitar playing.  What is your plan on your guitar playing journey?  What are you working on at this time. (If you don't mind me asking.)

Thanks again!

Rene

• Members
12 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Nope. I'll be 69 in May. Not a whole lot of improvement in store. I just finished working out the chords for "There' Something About That Name" for praise band and I've been playing that.

Wow DeepEnd!

Your photo in your profile made me think you were younger than me.  My hat's off to you, my friend.  And our love for the guitar and music is truly evident in our choice of actions today.  Our hearts are very young, indeed.  And keep up the fire in your heart to keep on playing, and that's the important part.  Definitely, I am way far off from where I want to be, the key is we are doing it!!!

Thanks DeepEnd, and much respect to you!

Rene

• Members
On 1/26/2022 at 11:34 AM, Rene Asologuitar said:

Your photo in your profile made me think you were younger than me.

Sorry, that wasn't me, it was Sheldon Cooper, a character on an American TV show. I've changed my profile photo so there won't be any future confusion.

• Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Sorry, that wasn't me, it was Sheldon Cooper, a character on an American TV show. I've changed my profile photo so there won't be any future confusion.

Hi DeepEnd,

You didn't have to do that.

I actually like your profile photo of Sheldon.  Keep playing, that keeps us young at heart!

Keep in touch!

Rene