OT: Holy Crap

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you guys are being weenies; check the recent weather around fargo, we got stomped last weekend. around 20" snow, hard packed, blowing drifts. there was a drift that covered my entire shop door that drifted out about 40' in all directions. i had to crawl into/out of my shop through snow over my head.

nearly all of ND was shut down the 25 and 26, and that NEVER happens. if you didnt have a 4x4 pickup on christmas you were going nowhere. even the 4x4's were getting stuck.

this guy got it pretty light, a cakewalk in comparison to most.
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

weenies?!? Yes. Oklahomans ARE weenies. That's because they don't get that much snow here very often. Christmas eve was the first official "blizzard" ever.

I, myself, am from Milwaukee. There was only one time in my memory that it got shut down. 1976. In April, no less. The only things moving were snowmobiles.

• Members

we were having a nice lazy winter until that stupid blizzard happened. it was so bad they actually pulled the plows off the roads for a day and shut down the interstates. my car was literally buried, i spent 2 hours with a shovel (the kind you use to shovel horse{censored}) to get it moved 10 feet. funny thing about ND is that no one complained a word about it, we just dug ourselves out and continued on in this stupid butt-ass-cold state. at least two people died (due to stupidity; cruise control, 75mph and glare ice don't mix - hey were not all the smartest bunch here - i think cold kills brain cells)

i drove to work sunday morning at 7:45am through frozen fog (ya got me there, that's a new one on me) and had to pull over three times to scrape my windshield. top speed? 18mph in a 40.

Archived