Please make me feel better for purchasing...

• Members
And your wife is ok with that?!!! Or is she just sick of starting an argument. I'm only in my 3rd year of marriage so my wife still hasn't had enough fighting.
:mad:

I think you need to realize that some of us make our living from this industry, so for us to go out and spend spome real money to make real money is just part of the tools of the trade and the cost of doing business.

Now if at the end of the day you are still in the hole, perhaps the business judgement left something to be desired. ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
And your wife is ok with that?!!! Or is she just sick of fighting? I'm only in my 3rd year of marriage so my wife still enjoys the bickering.
:mad:

Yeppers... it paid for her to become an accountant and business management; now she manages the books for both the Live Sound and Store.

• Members

I would agree that you won't need any of your outboard gear anymore. Sell off the lot of it.

Then, if the monitors need eq, you need new monitors. Thus, the disease.

BTW, you could get rid of all that ampeg stuff. Unless you need it all at one time. That would bring the $ back you spent.

I also wouldn't spend money on equipment without talking about it with my wife. It was a trick for me to buy my StudioLive and JBL monitors and mics and stands. I haven;t made up for the $3500 I spent this last go around, but it was my money, not the household that bought the stuff. She told me that she is going on a 2 week cruise. Without me.

Bon Voyage and have fun.

• Members

I also wouldn't spend money on equipment without talking about it with my wife. It was a trick for me to buy my StudioLive and JBL monitors and mics and stands. I haven;t made up for the $3500 I spent this last go around, but it was my money, not the household that bought the stuff. She told me that she is going on a 2 week cruise. Without me.

Bon Voyage and have fun.

I definitely will have to make it up to her...when/if she finds out.

• Members

So it's been a week ... no word yet?

You know, since you can use it to replace your outboard stuff, this really wasn't an addition to your gear (which is what you meant when you said no more gear right?) but merely an upgrade/substitution!

• Members

I'll offer that about every 10 years, farmers (in this area) have a good year (and you just can't hide a new combine or tractor)... base on my following observation:

In this area, there's a lot of farm houses that have (for instance):

1) A basement, indoor plumbing, and electricity that was added to the 100+ y.o. farm house in the '40's, and

2) A couple of bedrooms and a bathroom that were added on or extensively remodeled in the '50's, and:

3) A dining room and living room that was added on or extensively remodeled in the '60's, and:

4) A kitchen that was extensively remodeled in the '70's, and:

5) New roof, siding, windows, an attached 2 car garage, and landscaping, that was done in the '80's, and:

6) A new laundry room combination mud room that was added on in the '90's, and:

7) A bedroom converted into a entertainment/office room just a couple years ago.

And out in the machine shed is:

1) A Ford wheel tractor that was purchased in the '40's (about the same time the basement, plumbing, and electricity was added to the house), and:

2) A couple of trucks from the '50's (about the same time the bedrooms and bathroom were over-hauled), and:

3) A Caterpillar tractor from the '60's (about the same vintage as the dining room and living room), and:

4) A couple of John Deere swathers from the '70's (same green color as the appliances in the '70's vintage kitchen), and:

5) A set of grain drills and a matching John Deere riding mower from the '80's (same vintage as the house's roof, siding, and landscaping), and:

6) A couple of combines from the '90's (with a delivery slip still floating around behind the seat in the cab dating from the same date as the delivery slip for the washer & dryer in the laundry room), and:

7) A fairly new pick-up truck, that was used to haul the new home entertainment center and Strataloungers home for the newly remodeled den the same day the pick-up was driven off the dealer's lot.

And a happily married couple living in the ole farmhouse and farming the ground... same as they have for 50+ years (ever since they moved into the house back in the late '40's).

• Members
Hey guys, I am feeling awful because I pulled the trigger on purchasing a Presonus Studio Live. I just bought a set of QSC HPR122s during the summer and I told my wife I was done with my gear purchases. With all the hype about digital mixers going on and all the researching I've done on the SL I started having dreams (more like NIGHTMARES) about it. Then last week my nightmares came true!!! I saw that Music123 had a 20% off sale with free shipping and because there aren't any Music123 stores in WI, no tax either. Came to $1599 shipped. I jumped all over it. The mixer is on it's way here. How do I tell my wife??? She's gonna be pissed!!!
:cry:

You book several extra gigs a week and every bit of that money goes to pay off your gear IMMEDIATELY!

Archived