How's everyone doing?

• Members
15 hours ago, Bobby1Note said:

Ahhhh,,, it's SOOOO GOOOD to see  some of the forum "vets" once again,,, Andy (Aged Horse),,Craig,,, Doug(Dookie),,Al,, ,Mogwix,,, Stewart (Axis player) Glad to see you guys are still alive and kicking. All is quiet on my end, but I've still got all my Yorkville gear, and I've just been asked to do a wedding gig at our local Legion Hall. Unfortunately, I'm no "DJ", so I'll likely pass on that invite (freebie). I haven't done a gig  in many years,, since I injured my spine (stenosis in 2010), and now,,at age 75, I doubt it'll ever come back. That said; there's a little "ember/spark of interest" glowing in the darkness For a while there, I had up to 12 guys and gals dropping in to jam together,

It sure would be nice to see some consistent activity here once again. In 2023 I may be "rusty & crusty", but I know I'm happiest when music fills the air.

Be well.,

Bob

Good to see you stop by. For me with things going on at home I do fun stuff once in a while just to justify keeping the gear. 😉 We lost so many venues in the area due to Covid there is simply not much going on anyway. A few private parties and festivals again just for fun. Other than that, just taking it easy. This video is for an idea of the outside shows. The speakers and band were maybe 30 feet inside this tent as rain was in the forecast which of course never happened. With the limiter and me spinning around the volume, highs and lows change quite a bit but with good headphones the band can be made out. Like you I hope this group picks up in the future. Doug

NPFF1.JPG

NPFF5.JPG

NPFF12.JPG

NPFF13.JPG

NPFF14.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 4/8/2023 at 7:32 PM, agedhorse said:

A little late I know, but I have these switches in stock. While the company is "gone", those corporate entities who owned the brand set me up to continue the factory service program. 

Andy! If you read this check your dm's.

On 6/23/2023 at 8:36 AM, Craig Vecchione said:

I just popped in to see if the site still exists, it’s good to see familiar names still around. I’ve completely dropped out of music: I sold off my system, even sold my Ric 4003 to my older daughter. Starting and trying to maintain a small home improvement business for the past ten years is exhausting and stressful, and just didn’t leave enough of me to do other stuff. But in 4 months god willing I become a part-time retiree, so who knows what future might be in store for me!

Be well.

Nice to hear from you Craig. Glad the Ric is staying in the family!

On 6/25/2023 at 7:29 AM, Dookietwo said:

Good to see you stop by and keeping the site going. I did retire and am home with my wife. She has stage 4 cancer so keeping close to home. Still do a small show for fun once in a while. Did one this Thursday and things went well. Please keep in touch!

Thanks for posting the photos. I think we've all dealt with cancer in our family and it's not easy. My dad's beat it twice now and I am grateful, all I can do is send you, yours, and your family my love.

On 7/22/2023 at 2:20 PM, Bobby1Note said:

I haven't done a gig  in many years,, since I injured my spine (stenosis in 2010), and now,,at age 75, I doubt it'll ever come back. That said; there's a little "ember/spark of interest" glowing in the darkness For a while there, I had up to 12 guys and gals dropping in to jam together.

I think you've earned your rest ol' pal. It's really assuring to hear you've still got the spark. So many of us get jaded it's easy to miss the forest for the trees.

• Like 1

• Members

Good to see people are still around. I’m down to playing and doing sound 1-2 times a year. I have my nice rig for sale because I may as well reclaim the space. I’m not planning on being in a band again, at least not and provide production. I’ve mixed a show on a bands PA, I get asked a lot less now because I always say no. I’m not worth what I would charge! It was a lot of fun for a long time. I think I am working the last regular job I will have and in a few years I will retire. When I hit 60 I want to take a month or 2 off and go for a motorcycle ride. 

im hoping my Genz-Benz shuttle will hold out another 20 years. I love that amp! I have more guitars than I need. It’s an interesting stage of life to have everything you wanted, and now want to declutter. 

take care all. 

• Like 2