STICK WITH RMX, OR GO XTI?

• Members

Well, I went ahead and ordered a PLX 3602 today from Zzounds.com for $975.90. They regularly sell it for $1349.00, but I clicked their "seen it for less?" option, found one on another site selling for $999.95 and they beet it AND they still let me buy it on their payment plan! American Musical Supply matched the price but would not let me buy it on their payment plan :mad:.

So I'll be putting the 3602 on the 722's in stereo, and later I'll buy two more for monitors. I'll keep on powering my two 728's with the RMX 4050HD for now. I just don't trust the XTI's. I've read other posts and emailed a lot of people who own them, and I just heard more negative comments than I would've liked.

So I'll be running:

RMX 2450 - monitor 1 & 2
RMX 2450 - monitor 3 & 4
PLX 3602 - two SRX 722 in stereo
RMX 4050HD - two SRX 728's in stereo (mono subs)

How many circuits will I need to run this?

Which amps would YOU put on which circuit?

Thanks everybody.

• Members

So I'll be running:

RMX 2450 - monitor 1 & 2

RMX 2450 - monitor 3 & 4

Thanks everybody.

When you get all the amps, try it out in the garage... find a dedicated 15 or 20 amp breaker and push the rig. Start with Mains & Subs amps, and then add Monitors.

I would try and 2 separate 20a circuits for that Rack and put Monitors on 1 breaker and FOH on another breaker. But, in the perfect world, you can run Backline on 1 20, FOH/Mix on 1 20, Monitors on 1 20, Mains/Sub on 1 20. If you have a power Distro, that gives you 2 20s for lights.

In a power crunch; I would double up the Monitors and back line off the same breaker. And then place the Mains/Subs along with FOH/Mix on another breaker. You can say screw lights if you only have 2-20s.

• Members

When you get all the amps, try it out in the garage... find a dedicated 15 or 20 amp breaker and push the rig. Start with Mains & Subs amps, and then add Monitors.

I would try and 2 separate 20a circuits for that Rack and put Monitors on 1 breaker and FOH on another breaker. But, in the perfect world, you can run Backline on 1 20, FOH/Mix on 1 20, Monitors on 1 20, Mains/Sub on 1 20. If you have a power Distro, that gives you 2 20s for lights.

In a power crunch; I would double up the Monitors and back line off the same breaker. And then place the Mains/Subs along with FOH/Mix on another breaker. You can say screw lights if you only have 2-20s.

Thanks KF650SB1000!

• Members

DANG! The PLX 3602 just arrived! :love: That was fast! I just ordered it 2 days ago. Free shipping - ground.

It also came with a Furman PL-8C power conditioner. I don't know what I'll use it for but oh well. Crap, I'll have to see if I can make time to get it in the rack tonight.

• Members

RMX 2450 - monitor 1 & 2

RMX 2450 - monitor 3 & 4

Thanks everybody.

Your setup is not to far off from what I run off of a SINGLE circuit with never any issues.

(1) QSC PLX3002 (Ch1. 8 ohms, Ch2. 4 ohms) Monitor duty

(1) QSC PLX3402 (Both channels driven at 8ohms) Peavey QW3f

(1) QSC RMX4050HD (Both channels driven at 4 ohms) EV QRX218s

(1) Yorkville EF500P (800w program power active cab, drum monitor)

(1) Bass rig (old ampeg SVT200)

(1) Mesa Single Rectifier

Plus MixWiz and FOH processing!

I never clip amps and have always made it through every show when everything has had no choice but to be on the same circuit.

• Members

Do not use the power conditioner with the amp. It's not rated for that kind of current if you plan on drivingit hard, and will offer zero protection in any event. The amp already has all the necessary protection included.

Yeah, I wouldn't use it for that. I'll probably replace the Samson Powerbrite power conditioner that I use for my wireless mic rack. When you use the lights on the Samson, a big goofy red Samson logo lights up along with it...

Archived