Whats wrong with our country!

• Moderators

I was ultimately released from the suit but I do know Genie Industries ended up settling out of court for an undisclosed amount. This brought about the electrical interlock of the outriggers in Genie products that about doubled the base cost of their products.

It sounds like the system worked in this case.

Their product was unsafe, and they were forced to fix it.

Sure, it costs more, but it's sort of the same situation that Ford was in w/the Pinto - it was deemed that the lawsuits would cost less than actually making a safe product. Not exactly taking the high road...

MG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Their product was safe, the lighting contractor had modified it. But that makes little difference since he had no money. It was a two fold problem.

Act of God for the micro burst creating winds in excess of 80 MPH and the promotor/act for using greed instead of common sense.

• Members

In my case, it was reasonable that I was named in the suit, and once it was determined that I had no culpability or responsibility that I was released. It was not frivolus, but the fact is that it cost my insurance company $5k to defend me looks like a cost and certainly an exposure to possibly liability.

It could have gone much worse, I should be thankful for that I suppose.

Archived