Recommend for a me a decent reverb/delay ...

• Members

I just unracked a TC- M-One XL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TC-Electronic-M-One-XL-m-onexl-m-one-B-STOCK-NYC_W0QQitemZ110505195966QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19ba9f79be#ht_5720wt_1166

This B-Stock unit is going for $319 shipped on Ebay...I'll sell mine for $225 shipped to the lower 48. If you are interested. It has some rack rash and I don't have the original box. Still works great!

• Members

Lexicon PCM 70 or above. You should be able to find them cheap, used. They're a little slow at patch changing but their verbs are killer. Not as flexible as the SPX ot TC stuff but the verb algorythms are great.

• Members

Lexicon PCM 70 or above. You should be able to find them cheap, used. They're a little slow at patch changing but their verbs are killer. Not as flexible as the SPX ot TC stuff but the verb algorythms are great.

I have several, they are great verbs but I find that I need to "de-lush" them somewhat for live use. It should also be noted that Lexicon no longer supports the older stuff, so buyer beware!

• Members

I'm getting good results with Lexicon's MX200 - they can be had really cheap on the used market, and are under half the stated budget when new...

I've had excellent experiences with anything by TC Electronics, also...

- georgestrings

The MX have one of the most user-hostile interfaces on the market. Nice sounding verbs, terrible interface. Grrrr

• Members

The MX have one of the most user-hostile interfaces on the market. Nice sounding verbs, terrible interface. Grrrr

Yeah, I just set mine up for a reverb I like on one channel, a delay I like on the other, and use it that way - but I hear where you're coming from... Still, at $100 used, it's worked out OK for me...

- georgestrings

• Members

I get great results from my Alesis Midiverb 4 way cheaper and had one of my Midiverb 4 for 5 years problem free. I know some folks bash Alesis but I really dig my rack units I own 2 of them. One for live and one for my home studio.

• Members

What about monitors? Do you really need 4 effects? I don't get calls for 4 effects with most of the A circuit acts I work with, and I may have 30+ inputs to work with. You will have 12 input left after returning 4 effects (in mono) or 8 inputs left after returning the effects in stereo.

• Members

I was never able to get anything I liked out of the MidiVerb4. A friend used to get some good sounds out of a Quadraverb.

My favorite affordable unit is the Kurzweil Rumour, but it's only one stereo engine and hard to find used. Very smooth, very easy to tweak.

• Members

What about monitors? Do you really need 4 effects? I don't get calls for 4 effects with most of the A circuit acts I work with, and I may have 30+ inputs to work with. You will have 12 input left after returning 4 effects (in mono) or 8 inputs left after returning the effects in stereo.

You're probably right. I was just dreamin' out loud.:)

• Members

Midiverbs are pretty decent, the newer nanoverb sounds suprisingly good. I've wanted to mess with the Alesis Q20, some nice verbs there but I don't know about how user freindly it is. On my very short list of verbs I'd get the TC M-One, or M350 if on a budget. Lexicon MX400 or 500 used in mono in/stereo out format, Yamaha SPX900/990.

• Members

i usually have no problem getting a decent reverb out of most units. even a microverb can do some cool things. it's about finding the algorhythm then adjusting from there.

remember the Alesis Wedge?

my favorite old timer verb were my lexicon lxp-1s. You could just grab a knolb on the fly, and it sounded great. one blew up, the other went to fix it. no rotary pots available anymore

Archived