Is Audiopile on Vacation?

• Members

We've sent a couple email messages, from different accounts, and have had no replies.

We are wanting to confirm the combination of a rack with my StudioLive mixer. Once we are positive the rack will work, with that mixer, we will order the rack.

However, no one is answering emails.

Mike

• Members

while you are considering a case, you may want to calculate space for an uninterruptible power supply - a "must-have" IMO - and look at the headphone jack placement

Which rack are you using?

As of now, I'm still using the rack I was using with my previous set up. I like the hieght of it (don't need a table, can easily reach it when I use it for my band), but thanks to the SL, I don't need all that extra space any longer.

• Members

As of now, I'm still using the rack I was using with my previous set up. I like the hieght of it (don't need a table, can easily reach it when I use it for my band), but thanks to the SL, I don't need all that extra space any longer.

I have a similar situation with my rack; I started using an 01v96 and so don't really need all the space under the board. I've started using it as space to store my snakes. Keep them hooked up to the board and just string what I need to the stage.

• Members

Never been a big fan of SKB type racks and wasn't overly impressed when I first got the Mighty GigRig. They seem stupid expensive for what they are. I got at a substantial discount though. So anyway, 18 months of experience later and it's been the perfect rack.

- Easy to get in and out of trailer solo

- deep enough to keep a 20 foot snake in AND still use all the rack spaces for gear

- enough rack spaces for some gear (CD player, power conditioner, wireless IEMs and mics, crossover, harmonizer)

- Perfect height to mix from stage. Not overly tall so as to be distracting on the stage.

P1010037.JPG

• Members

I've got an OSP mixer case with 4 spaces below. Great depth for leaving everything plugged in with back panel latched, nice height when placed on a standard table, headphone jack exposed, cheap and everything lines up perfectly.

I don't like the handle placement very much and once you rack a UPS in there, it's not fun to handle the case alone.

• Members

We've sent a couple email messages, from different accounts, and have had no replies.

We are wanting to confirm the combination of a rack with my StudioLive mixer. Once we are positive the rack will work, with that mixer, we will order the rack.

However, no one is answering emails.

Mike

I have a Studiolive mounted in one of his racks. Here are some pic's:

a0231a2a83_md.jpg

f6a390b647_md.jpg

c979a567fc_md.jpg

f10969b345_md.jpg

9319dd04ef_md.jpg

a905f22921_md.jpg

What isn't shown is a rack mounted UPS that I need as my SL 16.4.2 seems particulary sensitive to voltage sags.

• Members

We are looking at the deep DJ rack with two tables. That model would be perfect for us.

Mike

• Members

I couldn't find your e-mail(s) this morning so I sent you a PM through this forum at 6:38am my time this morning.)

Thanks for getting back to us. Liz sent the info we needed. Now, we are just waiting on the funds before we make the purchase.

What sucks is that my StudioLive is a couple of hours away, in a UPS depot, but won't be delivered until Tuesday. :-(

Mike

• Members

Thanks for getting back to us. Liz sent the info we needed.
Now, we are just waiting on the funds before we make the purchase.

What sucks is that my StudioLive is a couple of hours away, in a UPS depot, but won't be delivered until Tuesday. :-(

Mike

Lol, hurry up and wait.

• Members

Hey Abzurd

What about that computer table? I like that a lot.

SKB 1SKB-AV14. It's pricey for what it is, but does what it's supposed to do. The entire top is velcro material. I put the loop velcro on the laptop and it sticks to the shelf.

Here's another shot of it in "garage mixdown" mode.

P1010549.JPG

Archived