Anybody using Ipod Nano for backing tracks live

• Members

Me too...but I am concerned at how fast I can scan and choose the other songs while the 1st song is playing.

You can create a playlist in the order of your setlist. In the settings, have it set to play only one song at a time. No shuffle. No repeat.

It is a tiny, lightweight way to have backing tracks.

Johnny

• Members

MP3s are fine as long as you use a high bit rate. Too many people shrink the files down so small that they sound like crap. Lossless or near lossless really can sound quite good if you start with a high quality original.

• Members

You can create a playlist in the order of your setlist. In the settings, have it set to play only one song at a time. No shuffle. No repeat.

HI,

I bought a Nano but cannot see how to do what you suggest. I created playlists each with only one song but at the end of each playlist it continues to play the next playlist automatically... :-(

• Members

My question is, how is the sound quality? I am assuming you are using MP3 format and so far, I've never been impressed with MP3's.

Mike T.

why would you assume that? there are many file types that can be used. I personally use Apples "AAC" format, set to 256kbs, which sounds really nice to me. it's the same as an mp4. and if i'm importing recordings that i've done then i'll set it to import as a full bitrate AIFF.

and no i don't play with backing tracks but sometimes use the ipod for band intros and always use it for between set music. if you want to play just one song make a playlist and select that playlist. it will stop when the song/s from the playlist are over. if it does not then you have something set wrong and need to go back and check it.

• Members

I use a Nano for backing tracks, and have been for about 3 years, playing live solo. I create a playlist for every set, with all the songs in order in the playlist. I put an mp3 of 4 minutes of silence between each song. That way, I don't have to worry about stopping the song when it's over, or worry about the next song starting up too soon. At the end of the song, whenever I'm ready (after saying "thank you" for the applause, a little talk, etc), I just hit the ">" button to go to the next song. It works great. Regarding quality, it sounds great. As long as you create the mp3 at a high enough bit rate, you won't be disappointed. Usually, the PA or whatever you are playing the iPod thru, wouldn't do justice to a better quality file anyway.

Good luck.

• Members

Thank you stos2. Interesting solution.

I created a silence.mp3 file and added it several times as a duplicate between my songs. It's true that that solution will be convenient live.

Cheers

Archived