• Members

Someone just emailed me from my HS. Its time for our 10 year reunion next year. After the formal evening dinner, they want to have a party at a park the next day.

They know I own sound gear.

How many people can I cover outdoors with my set up?

How far apart should the main/sub stacks be split up?

Anything else I'll need? Other than a Honda 3000EU.

2 QSC 153s

2 QSC 181s

Would my Ringer's be good for ANYTHING AT ALL? Ha.

• Members

Depends on how many folks and how the folks are spread out, and where your stage is located. Will there be a wall behind you? Will you have walls around you? (open-ended court-yard/ walls on three sides)? Out in the middle of a field? Elevated stage?

At this type of gig, I generally find that a portion of the crowd is interested in the music and gather 'round the stage, while many splinter off into smaller groups and chat with each other.

Bottom line; looks to me like you're good to go. Have fun.

• Members

You know, it isn't a rock show. My theory on this has always been "bring what you got" for the most part. Folks that want to hear it will move where they can, and folks that want to talk will move back. Mostly, I think parties outdoors tend to have music as a requirement, and for ambience (meaning you are background to the party) and not usually the primary focus of things. With a decent sounding system, you should be fine.

• Members

Shouldn't need anything else; that should be enough to get the cops there.:poke:
:cop::wave:

Hahaha, well we plan to have a permit.

From what everyone says I think I'm good to go. JUst set up the speakers with the mixer under a pop sun shade and set the ipod to random. Donezo!

• Members

Depends if it needs to be concert levels for everyone. If not, your fine. Ideally i'd have 2 more subs under them tops but no big deal.

You can usually get away with less than adequate monitoring outside as the stage volume should be a fair bit lower. No cymbals bouncing off the 7ft high ceiling etc

• Members

So far its just a dj gig. Middle of the day, just playing sublime and lady gaga to keep everyone happy.

If it becomes a band gig I'll put a lot more thought into it. I haven't heard my QSCs outside yet.

• Members

You gonna be drinking(10 year reunion, mine was crazy)?

I'll probably have a beer or two. I don't get messed up anymore. I think the night before is going to be the wild night, and the Sunday is to just get some hair of the dog.

• Members

...I haven't heard my QSCs outside yet.

My guess is that you're in for a pleasant experience. First time I heard my PRX rig (512s over 518s) outdoors with recorded music, I knew that it was money well spent.

• Members

Someone just emailed me from my HS. Its time for our 10 year reunion next year. After the formal evening dinner, they want to have a party at a park the next day.

They know I own sound gear.

Ha.

What else you need is PAID. They know you own sound gear. Yeah, well I know some might be doctors. They don't operate for free either.

Boomerweps

• Members

You know, it isn't a rock show. My theory on this has always been "bring what you got" for the most part. Folks that want to hear it will move where they can, and folks that want to talk will move back. Mostly, I think parties outdoors tend to have music as a requirement, and for ambience (meaning you are background to the party) and not usually the primary focus of things. With a decent sounding system, you should be fine.

+1

Archived