ULXS Reciever "Unity" Setting

• Members

I know the vagaries that come with the term "unity," but I'm pretty sure you know what I'm asking:

On the ULXS Receivers you can select between 0-99 for 'gain.' I'm wondering where is the unity value on these receivers, but I have no idea how to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

• Members

If you mean what will give you the same level as a wired mic with the same capsule, it will depend on the gain setting of the transmitter (which IME is always set too high at the Shure factory). The easiest thing is to just go back and forth between wired and wireless and tweak the setting by ear.

• Members

Set your transmit level for proper modulation (ie. no clipping on transmit monitor meter on receiver) and set the output level on the receiver to between 50 and 99%. Then set your gain and level on the mixer channel as you would a wired mic.

Generally, the output level of a receiver is a percentage of "design" output level and turning it all the way up is just fine.

• Members

Set your transmit level for proper modulation (ie. no clipping on transmit monitor meter on receiver) and set the output level on the receiver to between 50 and 99%. Then set your gain and level on the mixer channel as you would a wired mic.

Generally, the output level of a receiver is a percentage of "design" output level and turning it all the way up is just fine.

Thanks. Sounds like there's nothing for me to do then.

Archived