Speaker Bags

• Members

QSC makes a nice fitted tote bag for the K10, with flaps that open for the handles. It's not heavily padded so you still need to be a little careful during transport, but it's good for protecting against cosmetic damage like scratches. Some dealers might carry it, but I bought mine direct from the QSC web site. Look for the link to the store area for accessories.

• Members

If you want to save money and the appearance of the covers is not important, cheap sleeping bags can be found. I've seen sleeping bags at Wal-mart for around $25. They are really for kids but they are at least as well padded (if not more so). They probably wouldn't hold up well to real touring but for the average joe it would keep the cabs looking new.

TW

• Members

I've been pretty pleased with the covers from here:

http://shop.ebay.com/connietom1123/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Email her if you want something not listed or otherwise "custom". Also last I knew you could save a few bucks by spec'ing other than black. They are make out of a moving blanket material. I have 4x PR10 covers and 2x B412DSP covers from them.

• Members

I've only bought and am very satisfied with Undercover speaker covers. Ordered 4 times from them. I've bought some of their overstock clearance for my LS808Bs and Yamaha SM12IVs (both resold) and had them make covers for my Yorkville E210Bs. Matter of fact, I just had 2 sets of covers made for a pair of Mackie SR1530s and pair of Yorkville NX20s. I do wish I'd have remembered to add pockets for the SR1530s. Like Tuki and Cloud 9, you can get the covers from Undercover in MANY colors for no extra charge. They have a few levels of protection, I get their F1 thickest padding.

A friend uses 2 different models, 2 & 3 way, QSC powered speakers for tops and has the QSC covers for them. Other than using a mid-grade level of padding, they are some of the best designed and made covers I've seen. I really like how they velcroed down a flap over the top speaker handle, protecting the speaker tops somewhat from weather while still granting access.

Boomerweps

• Members

Email her if you want something not listed or otherwise "custom". Also last I knew you could save a few bucks by spec'ing other than black. They are make out of a moving blanket material. I have 4x PR10 covers and 2x B412DSP covers from them.

I have a few covers from connie. They are okay for the weekend gigs. But for production they will not hold up. I have holes on a couple of them and tears are starting to show up.

• Members
I have a few covers from connie. They are okay for the weekend gigs. But for production they will not hold up. I have holes on a couple of them and tears are starting to show up.

I agree, not anywhere near as good as the expensive "pro" covers. BTW the QSC K10 bags really are a great buy to protect those big $$$ speakers.

• Members

I'm giving Connie a shot since we only gig a couple of weekends a month.

Thanks for your help.

Archived