Driver ID?

• Members

Photo?

Thinking Eminence.

I'm "peeking" at it through the jack plate hole. Steel frame, somewhat beefy magnet - I was just wondering what it might be rated at. I had a 140w bass amp running into it last night and it didn't blow up :).

I think it is in some sort of PA cab although it's a fairly small grey ratfur particle board cab at 18.5 x 20.5 x 12 and an approx 4" port no duct in it (I sealed it up for better low end) and an ill-fitting 7x3 piezo horn (presently disconnected). It has feet on the bottom and one spring loaded folding handle on one side. The rear jackplate has two 1/4" jacks and says it's a 12db/oct crossover but whatever crossover it had is gone - I speculate that the ill-fitting horn isn't original. $25 yardsale find a few years back :cool: .

• Members
Sealing up the port will (probably) give you worse low end extension, not better.

This cab is so small and tuned so high (no duct) that it actually increased the low end :eek: . Perhaps it had a duct tube that was removed at one time - I could get ambitious and calculate what it should be I guess :) .

Archived