Advice on the Peavey SP4 and Peavey SP6 needed if possible.

• Members

The SRX-700 series uses completely different components than the SR4700 series. Everything is different.

Correct. Reread my post (and the one to which I was responding).

I stated that the SR4731 and SR-x 4731 use (essentially) the same components, which are different and more common than those in the 7 series, despite the boxes being out of production.

• Members

JBL MRX/PRX are also better than SP

I have to disagree with Craig. I own and use the Peavey SP6 frequently and am very happy with them as far as sound quality. I would like to have a smaller top box for ease of handling, but the MRX/PRX line would definitely be a step down from the SP6.

• Members

Correct. Reread my post (and the one to which I was responding).

I stated that the SR4731 and SR-x 4731 use (essentially) the same components, which are different and more common than those in the 7 series, despite the boxes being out of production.

Thought you were comparing to the new SRX, like his subs.

• Members

I have to disagree with Craig. I own and use the Peavey SP6 frequently and am very happy with them as far as sound quality. I would like to have a smaller top box for ease of handling, but the MRX/PRX line would definitely be a step down from the SP6.

So you think the Peavey SP6 are better than the JBL MRX525 yeah?

JBL told me that give the MRX525 and they'll be louder than a pair of SRX715, they said obvious the sound quality is better on the SRX715 and also the mid-high frequency is better, more clarity, but JBL said that the MRX525 will definately provide me with more spl output than the SRX715. They did tell me the reason for this and said the main reason is because the MRX525 is 4db more efficient than the SRX715. Both speakers are rated at 800 watts rms continuous but the sensitivity of the MRX525 is 10db and the SRX715 is 96db. They also said that put the MRX525 against an SRX725 and the SRX725 would annhilate the MRX525.

• Members
I really don't mind a mismatched looking system because I would be able to take both the badges on the SRX728 subs and the Peavey SP6 off so the average party goer wouldn't be able to tell what speakers and subs they are, then the system would look better. I really can't afford the SRX722 at

• Members

Dj teknovibe is my friend and he's trying to help me because one of my friends has bought a pair of MRX525 speakers and blown the horns, teknovibe is asking on pro sound web for help for my mate. Why the hell you calling him an idiot, you're the {censored}jing idiot, you dont call people names like that on forums, teknovibe told me about this forum so I registered, why the hell you got a problem with that? If you've got a problem with me and my friend teknovibe then {censored} you harmony cat, I dont care. If called my friend teknovibe an idiot to his face he'd knock you out because he's a black belt martial artist, so dont you just be nice like everyone else has been, trying to help me decided whether or not to get a pair of MRX525 like my friend's got, if you can't be nice then keep your {censored}ing mouth shut wanker.

Teknovibe is my flat mate, we live together, he helps me out and decided to ask a question to help me out on a forum you nob.

• Members

I just wanna say thank you to everyone who's tried to help me, I really apreciate it, and sorry for getting angry, I know my friend teknovibe has had some problems on here but he's a nice guy, he's easily wound up though. The fact is, he's trying to help me because I bought a pair of MRX525 speakers and the horns are blown, so I thought i'd come on here and ask you guys which would be best to hopefully you people would say the MRX525 so it'd make me feel good that I did the right thing buying them instead of other speakers. Anyway, happy new year to everyone, and Harmony Cat, god mate, you need to go out get laid mate, maybe that might make you a more relaxed person than having a go at people and calling them idiots, after all, i'm not being nasty but this thread was going ok until you called my friend teknovibe an idiot and saying i'm him, like we're joined at the hip or something. Anyway, happy new pal.

• Members

Dj teknovibe is my friend and he's trying to help me because one of my friends has bought a pair of MRX525 speakers and blown the horns, teknovibe is asking on pro sound web for help for my mate. Why the hell you calling him an idiot, you're the fuckjing idiot, you dont call people names like that on forums, teknovibe told me about this forum so I registered, why the hell you got a problem with that? If you've got a problem with me and my friend teknovibe then fuck you harmony cat, I dont care. If called my friend teknovibe an idiot to his face he'd knock you out because he's a black belt martial artist, so dont you just be nice like everyone else has been, trying to help me decided whether or not to get a pair of MRX525 like my friend's got, if you can't be nice then keep your fucking mouth shut wanker.

Teknovibe is my flat mate, we live together, he helps me out and decided to ask a question to help me out on a forum you nob.

That must be a big apartment seeing that he lives in Boston UK and you live in Nottingham UK.:lol:

Nice post....thanks for confirming your identity.

• Members

I just wanna say thank you to everyone who's tried to help me, I really apreciate it, and sorry for getting angry, I know my friend teknovibe has had some problems on here but he's a nice guy, he's easily wound up though. The fact is, he's trying to help me because I bought a pair of MRX525 speakers and the horns are blown, so I thought i'd come on here and ask you guys which would be best to hopefully you people would say the MRX525 so it'd make me feel good that I did the right thing buying them instead of other speakers. Anyway, happy new year to everyone, and Harmony Cat, god mate, you need to go out get laid mate, maybe that might make you a more relaxed person than having a go at people and calling them idiots, after all, i'm not being nasty but this thread was going ok until you called my friend teknovibe an idiot and saying i'm him, like we're joined at the hip or something. Anyway, happy new pal.

The thread was going ok.....I guess that was before you got caught.:lol:

BTW: I was onto you from the other post.....;)

Still haven't gotten over the last time that I caught you sneaking back on here with an alias.:cop:

• CMS Author

Dj teknovibe is my friend and he's trying to help me because one of my friends has bought a pair of MRX525 speakers and blown the horns, teknovibe is asking on pro sound web for help for my mate. Why the hell you calling him an idiot,
you're the {censored}jing idiot
, you dont call people names like that on forums, teknovibe told me about this forum so I registered, why the hell you got a problem with that? If you've got a problem with me and my friend teknovibe
then {censored} you
harmony cat, I dont care. If called my friend teknovibe an idiot to his face he'd knock you out because he's a black belt martial artist, so dont you just be nice like everyone else has been, trying to help me decided whether or not to get a pair of MRX525 like my friend's got, if you can't be nice then
keep your {censored}ing mouth shut wanker

Teknovibe is my flat mate, we live together, he helps me out and decided to ask a question to help me out on a forum
you nob

This earns you a month off, one week for each. Personal attacks and name-calling don't fly here. Read the forum guidelines before you return. As a warning, if you attempt to return with another account, both will be banned permanently, and I'll outlast you if you persist.

• Members

Djteknovibe has the following aliases:

On prosoundweb he has been Jack Smith.

Here is a quote from the thread listed:

When I saw this train wreck of a thread, I had to quote Jack Smith in the Basement. You may remember him from such classic Lounge threads as:

* 63 posts about hooking up my consumer-grade DVD player to my Samson PG2200 amp to my SRX728S and wondering why it doesn't thump

* 2 threads and a hundred posts on what amp to buy for a common sub

* the specs are lies, and Ivan is a meanie:facepalm:

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/506520/0/?srch=Dj+teknovibe#msg_506520

He is currently david smith on Prosoundweb.

There are three "UK personalities" with similar discussion style, clue-level, and frequently similar questions. I sometimes think they are trolls. But if they were, they must be really odd, clever trolls; because they provoke several pages of discussion about routine topics.

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/63337/0/0/0/

He was bobjones1888 on Harmony Central:

Quote from Craigv: Good call, HarmonyCat. It's the same guy.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2500632-How-much-more-spl-do-the-JBL-SRX728-subs-give-out-than-2-MP418-subs

He is also currently Rob jackson on this site, Prosoundweb, and DJ Chat. I wonder if he and david smith talk to each other on Prosoundweb.:facepalm:

This Dj teknovibe guy visits all the websites, makes up an outlandish story about what he is getting for Christmas, (God knows that I have read this scenario enough times), to solicit information from audio professionals and goes back to DJ Forums and passes it off as part of his extensive worldly experience. I can't imagine anyone having this much of an inferiority complex.

From SRX728s in his "flat"...to all the different tops that he supposedly has owned, and numerous questions on every website on how to power 2 SRX728s or 4 SRX718 and a claim to own a recording studio....the fabrications are childish and and laughable.

He gets extremely defensive when challenged, and the spewing of explatives and threats just pour out of the threads. Even the threats are childish. He can only go so long before he wears ot his welcome when other posters figure ot that he is really annoying, from asking the same questions over and over again.

So he dissapears, and reappears under a new alias.

Alias Smith and Jones.....how cliche.:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

interesting stuff Harmonycat, just checked over at PSW, there he is as Richard Stringer with his SRX728s!!

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/63895/18814/

then back to Rob Jackson http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/63832/18814/

even more!!

http://forum.speakerplans.com/who-could-build-me-some-mid-highs_topic47051_post478208.html?KW=#478208

http://forum.speakerplans.com/what-do-you-guys-think-of-skytec-rcl-speakers_topic17872.html

Djteknovibe has the following aliases:

On prosoundweb he has been Jack Smith.

When I saw this train wreck of a thread, I had to quote Jack Smith in the Basement. You may remember him from such classic Lounge threads as:

* 63 posts about hooking up my consumer-grade DVD player to my Samson PG2200 amp to my SRX728S and wondering why it doesn't thump

* 2 threads and a hundred posts on what amp to buy for a common sub

* the specs are lies, and Ivan is a meanie
:facepalm:

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/506520/0/?srch=Dj+teknovibe#msg_506520

He is currently david smith on Prosoundweb.

There are three "UK personalities" with similar discussion style, clue-level, and frequently similar questions. I sometimes think they are trolls. But if they were, they must be really odd, clever trolls; because they provoke several pages of discussion about routine topics.

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/63337/0/0/0/

He was bobjones1888 on Harmony Central:

Quote from Craigv:
Good call, HarmonyCat. It's the same guy.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2500632-How-much-more-spl-do-the-JBL-SRX728-subs-give-out-than-2-MP418-subs

He is also currently Rob jackson on this site, Prosoundweb, and DJ Chat. I wonder if he and david smith talk to each other on Prosoundweb.
:facepalm:

This Dj teknovibe guy visits all the websites, makes up an outlandish story about what he is getting for Christmas, (God knows that I have read this scenario enough times), to solicit information from audio professionals and goes back to DJ Forums and passes it off as part of his extensive worldly experience. I can't imagine anyone having this much of an inferiority complex.

From SRX728s in his "flat"...to all the different tops that he supposedly has owned, and numerous questions on every website on how to power 2 SRX728s or 4 SRX718 and a claim to own a recording studio....the fabrications are childish and and laughable.

He gets extremely defensive when challenged, and the spewing of explatives and threats just pour out of the threads. Even the threats are childish. He can only go so long before he wears ot his welcome when other posters figure ot that he is really annoying, from asking the same questions over and over again.

So he dissapears, and reappears under a new alias.

Alias Smith and Jones.....how cliche.
:lol:

Archived