Fender's new Pau Ferro fretboards

gardo

• Members
Fwiw, l just got a couple of ebony boards from the Bob Taylor / Cameroon connection. They have lovely streaks of grey gain running thru them - a few years ago these would have been rejects but I actually prefer them. Kudos to Taylor for stopping the waste and changing what we accept.

I would certainly use a pau ferro fret board, however right now I've still got several rosewood boards and it remains available thru my sources.

I like that look too. Any pics? FwiwI like lighter streaks on rw boards too.

No pics, just starting the build. Considered doing a build thread but thought "why bother?" Might take a picture or two when its done. I figured it was about time to build my dream acoustic

• Members

I think the attractiveness of Pau Ferro can be increased if guitar manufacturers adjust their finishes to compliment it. That's probably the issue I have with the Jazzmaster. The body's finish was designed to look good with the darker Rosewood fretboard.

----

OT:

Looks like my Guild F65ce has an Ebony fretboard and bridge. Magnificent instrument. But I don't think it plays any better than any other fretboard I've used.

I guess I violated several international laws flying it inside and outside the US. Look for me to stand trial in the Hague next year, while Chinese construction and furniture industries import metric tons of the stuff.

*&^#+ing idiots!

Archived