Sennheiser vs. Shure

• Members

I have always been very happy with the 835 I use on Sunday's at church

Of course, I have always been very happy with the SM58 that is provided as the industry standard...

and I have always been very happy with the Elvis style mics we use in my band... or the SM57's we used before that....

In all these instances, the systems are set up properly and I have not had any issues with sound. Interesting.

Next weekend I have a gig with an unknown sound provider. I am pretty confident that whatever mic he provides will sound just fine....

• Members

I have A/b'ed the two micropohones on a woman's voice and to my ears, I prefer the e835. Of course, like Agedhorse staes the right tool, for the right job. To me, the 835 microphones are too crisp for a woman's voice, but work great for mine, but then I prefer the e838 because of my thinness in my voice. Believe it of not, for a woman's voice, I prefer the AKG 4000. These mics have some high end roll off, therfore, gives the female voice a nice low end. I prefer the e 835 for any male vocalists and I have a hard time trying to get a 58 to sound good through our system. Seems to be on the midrange side of things. If you are tired of the high end blast your face off from the e835, roll the highs and mids off just a little bit. :blah: :blah: :blah: That's waht I do and they still cut through better than the 58 IMHO.

Archived