Voltage from 95 to 104v - what to do?

• Members

In the bad ol' days I did carry two 1KW voltage regulators - one for the stage amps & keys and one for the rest sans power amps and lights. 30 years ago club power was often as bad as the OP describes :freak:. You seem to be unable to understand that the OP has no way to "fix the problem" of inadequate power distribution infrastructure in his country so is very much having to deal with what some of us had to deal with here 30 years ago. I guess you were lucky and never had to "deal with it"...

• Members

You are not reading... I said that he needed to correctly identify the problem THEN fix it. We do not know where the problem is, if it's incoming power or if it's in the low voltage side distribution. Only then will he be able to start correcting the problem, but until then it would be nice not to blow things up.

I deal with plenty of bad power, bad in multiple ways. I make a pretty good living analyzing and coming up with both a cause AND a solution, and I haven't blown anything up nor burned anything down yet.

• Members

Guess you've never worked in the power generation industry and talked to the guys from South America who come up here to study and go back to work on improving their systems. Yes, they really are that bad, even in the cities. We are horribly spoiled here. Online UPS's and rotary power converters (complete with flywheels) are the "right" way to get decent power for computer rooms and such but they mostly live with it otherwise. If you are close enough to a solid source you may only need an adjustment transformer or a smallish monetary transfer to the proper folks ;) might get your tap set right and perhaps priority service when things go weird on yah. Hey, everybody has to make a living and it is no different than tipping your waitperson here :cool:.

• Members

Agedhorse and RoadRanger,

Thanks to both for your replies!!

Part of the problem is my inexperience and part of it is the electric flow.

Monday I am meeting with a guy who works electricity for some bands and big shot DJs here and we will take a look at my equipment and build whatever else I need

Thanks!!!

Archived