Probably a dumb crossover ?

• Members

I almost always run stereo triamp or biamp. In reality it's dual mono since not much of anything is panned. I like the redundancy and if there is an issue then just use 1/2 of the amp channels and fix it after the gig (this has happened maybe 2x in 5yrs).

• Members

So another dumb question I'm sure. If I do decide to use the sum out on it and the PV doesn't have a parallel setting, can I just run out of the 1/4" out on channel A to the 1/4" input of channel B? I think the answer is yes but I'd really rather the experts tell me for sure.

• Members
So another dumb question I'm sure. If I do decide to use the sum out on it and the PV doesn't have a parallel setting, can I just run out of the 1/4" out on channel A to the 1/4" input of channel B? I think the answer is yes but I'd really rather the experts tell me for sure.

You'll have to use a 1/4" TRS to TRS cable and not a "regular" instrument cable.

• Members

There are advantages and disavantages with both method.

Using the mono-summed sub output, you get the mono out AND can underlap the crossover point if desired, but it does require adjusting 3 frequency points and trying to get them to match.

Using the low out for subs, in stereo OR just using one side's low out, means the point of high to low frequency crossover point IS matched.

With analog crossovers, you don't know how close the low and high cut points will be, adjusting the rotary knob indicator with the silkscreened frequency marks.

Normally I just used the high/low out for tops and subs and ignored the mono summed sub out.

Boomerweps

Archived