Aux send/return levels

• Members

set the aux send so it doesnt clip in the mixer, it may have a AFL for the send but probably not. if not try and set it around 0 or if using a bunch of stem sends set them lower.

set the input gain on the reverb unit so it doesnt clip but has good signal.

set the returns like any other channel, pfl and set the trim to a good level. if no trim on the return then your done, set the level in the mix like you want it.

this is one area the mixwiz is weird about - if you use the internal effects you cant really AFL the sends to the effects; you CAN but you only see the post master send signal which isnt routed to the effects engine. you can tuen aux 5 master OFF and the engine still makes effects on stems of aux 5. weird, i just use my intuition in this case. it seems to work fine.

• Members

I set the vox aux send and master both at 12:00, and adjust the input level on the FX for a level of about 25% on the input meter. I then set the return for a nice wet blend (think Journey). I then bring the snare verb up until it's VERY wet, and make sure nothing's clipping-if it is, I alter the gain structure to fix the problem. If the meter reads below 75%, I up the input and drop the return.

Archived