Where to buy replacement bulbs?

• Members

I have an old Stagecraft lighting system and do not know where to get replacement colored bulbs for it. The bulbs that are in it are 75 watt and say "reflector" on them. They are considerable shorter than standard bulbs that would go in, say, a typical lamp, and are flat on top. They look like miniature flood lights. Where can I find such bulbs? Thanks in advance for the help.

• Members

They look like they are PAR20 bulbs. The bulbs in the link below match the dimensions of the ones I need to replace. The ones that are in the fixtures I have are 75 watts each, but I think they are incandescent rather than halogen. The ones I am finding the would fit all seem to be halogen. BillESC - I will have some pictures to you shortly.

http://www.lightbulbsdirect.com/page/001/CTGY/HPAR20Clr

• Members

if you have a functional measuring device that you can employ... one "par" = 1/8th inch... a PAR (parabolic aluminized reflector) 20 bulb would measure approx. 2 1/2" across at the face.

Thanks for the bit of information! I've always wondered what a "PAR" was. I got to use that info today when a client I met with today asked his electricians and lighting designers what it meant. I let them stammer around for a moment and swooped in with the correct answer. The funniest part was watching them try to discreetly pull out a tape measure and measure a couple of 56s and 64s as we were walking by! :)

• Members

Actually, all lamps are measured in 1/8th of an inch.

Par 64 is 64 1/8ths of an inch - 8"

Your 100w A19 household lamp is 19 1/8ths of an inch in diameter.

Your fluorescent 4 foot tube is a F40T12 which will be 12 1/8ths of an inch in diameter or 1.5 inches.

• Members

Actually, all lamps are measured in 1/8th of an inch.

Par 64 is 64 1/8ths of an inch - 8"

Your 100w A19 household lamp is 19 1/8ths of an inch in diameter.

Your fluorescent 4 foot tube is a F40T12 which will be 12 1/8ths of an inch in diameter or 1.5 inches.

Bill, Thanks for that information. I knew the above about PAR lights but never realized it translated to all lights. Dang, I think I just increased my IQ by 8 1/8's... ;-P

Archived