Cheap AT2020 deal today

• Members

Dealmac says the price does not drop until checkout. Not sure what I would ever use it for (thats why I don't need one) but many here say they also record live shows and it may work for that, or something other than typical band work. I suppose you would use it wherever a cardoid LDC is appropriate.

• Members

dealmac says $58... but then you add it to your Amazon cart and it jumps up to $68... that sucks.

You have to select the free shipping option (5-8 days I think) instead of the default (which is 3-5 days) then it drops to $58

• Members

I use a 3035 for the "one-mic-dance", works great. Don't see why the 2020 wouldn't work well. Monitors become a problem, but at those volume levels (bluegrass/folk) seems like monitors are not really needed as much anyway.

My only concern is, will the 2020 sound good. I presume that the 3035 is a much better mic. I've got an AKG C-414B-XL, but I'm reluctant to take it out of the house.

• Members

Dammit Stu,,,,,, you da "deal devil",,,tempting me wit dis deal?????
;)

Whattaya think Stu,,,,would this mic be ok for a bluegrass-style "gather-'round-the-mic" type of set-up,,,,outdoors?

Well, for that sort of arrangement I would rather use a figure 8 than a cardoid but it could work if the band understood the pattern. Figure 8 they know, cardoid not as much.

• Members

At $58, I suggest that you confirm with Audio Technica that this is an authorized dealer... something doesn't sound right. If it's not an authorized dealer, you do not know if you are getting real product and it's almost certain that there is no warranty.

• Members

Well, for that sort of arrangement
I would rather use a figure 8 than a cardoid
but it could work if the band understood the pattern. Figure 8 they know, cardoid not as much.

Good point, so maybe I'll stick with my C-414B-XL. I presume though, that the Figure 8 would be more susceptible to feedback, than the cardioid, if they're using a monitor???

Archived