2016 rig, what are you playing?

Jan Deal

• Members

I don't play out anymore,although I hire musicians. I own a small restaurant/bar. Most bring their own gear and pedals. On request, they can use my sound system by merely inserting my computer sound system into a snall mixer. Voila - he or she plugs into it and it's ready to go.

I'd guess my rack box weighed at least 50 pounds. It contains 6 half rack modules and two full-size modules.It's not used for live jobs.But the last time I played live, I took out a JoeMeek VC3 pre-amp/compressor (fantastic piece of gear), JoeMeek MC2 stereo compressor and a Nanoverb along w/a Sonic Maximizer stomp box, Mattson Fuzz and a BOSS TR2 tremolo pedal. Like the Meek VC3, that BOSS tremolo is a good-sounding, easy to operate and under-rated piece of kit.

My only electric guitar is a big, beautiful Jazzbox. But that will be changing soon. I'm buying a Guild Starfire V this Spring or summer.Unless Gibson wants to make me a better offer.

My only amp is a Roland AC60. It's a good acoustic amp, a fantastic synthesizer amp. And it's staying right where it is. If it is so good on synths, I'll bet it can handle an electric guitar too.I wish I had of 'em.

Archived