Hum when using Samson Airline Wireless system

• Members

Hi any ideas why I might get an annoying hum from my amp when I go wireless?

Airline > input on marshall DSL50 head with Line 6 XTLive running in effects loop, sound out of 4 x 12 cab.

It happens everywhere so I know its not a dodgy earth in a venue etc, as soon as I plug in the noise goes? I have given up using it as its such a pain but would love to cure the problem.

hope someone can help

thanks

• Members
Hi any ideas why I might get an annoying hum from my amp when I go wireless?

Airline > input on marshall DSL50 head with Line 6 XTLive running in effects loop, sound out of 4 x 12 cab.

It happens everywhere so I know its not a dodgy earth in a venue etc, as soon as I plug in the noise goes? I have given up using it as its such a pain but would love to cure the problem.

hope someone can help

thanks

no idea. Mine has been great for the 6-7 years that I've used it.

• Members

Like most walkie talkies or cb radios, the airline systems I've used have a small squelch control. It is adjusted with the small plastic tool that is in the receiver section. One of the engineers on here can tell you exactly what it does, but in a practical sense it cuts down the background interference so that the hiss is silenced. Should be adjusted carefully, because it also cuts down the range of reception. I don't know if that is the problem with your unit or not. Before messing with it you might want to check that all else is working correctly, as the three units I've had experience with came correctly adjusted and have maintained for many years. Information about the squelch adjustment can be found in the owner's manual which can be found here.

Try several different cables from the airline to the amp to make sure the cable is not the problem. Also check to certify that there is not any other transmitters in the area interfering with your signal.

Archived