name that rig

• Members

oh i don't consider it old at all - i just suspect the 20ish crowd to not be familiar with it because it's not flown and powered boxes :) it's the workhorse of the company - indoors, outdoors, local acts, national acts. this rig gets a lot of work (and performs admirably IMHO)

• Members

I can think of quite a few boxes that looked like that, EAW is one that comes to mind, but so does Harbinger/Mark Wayne, some very early Meyer, a couple of Flag Systems boxes, McCune had some boxes like that, as did Clair and Showco, MSI, etc. Picture is a bit too blurry.

• Members

850's?

correct straight out of the gate. sorry on the crummy pic, my cell phone is a samsung juke - http://www.andybrain.com/2008/samsung-juke-review/

i love how often this rig gets deployed, the places it goes, and how good it sounds in good hands. i'm still trying to figure out how to stack a top with only two guys. i carry 325's by myself when needed, and one guy on the crew tears them down alone, but the 850's are a bit to handle haha! great workhorse

• Members

The best sounding PA I ever touched (and there been quite a few) was 8 KF850s over 8 SB850 (4 per side of each) with Macrotech power and an ML5000 console. That rig rocked. Shame it was setup for a crowd of about 500 outdoors. It could have done a LOT more. Nothing like old school done well!!!!

• Members

that sounds familiar ;) it goes to an outdoor amphitheater here and covers a few thousand quite nicely there, the kids like to take an SD8 with it. it's perfectly matched for the biker rally/80's rock/hair bands that play local festivals. (not my rig, i just get to move it - a lot)

Archived