Eureka! Found an Android MP3 player

Shaster

• Members

I've been looking for months for a "single play" Android music player for my solo/duo tracks. I must have downloaded and subsequently uninstalled twenty or so. I finally found a similar search by Notes (thanks man) which led me to Music Folder Player by Zorillasoft. No playlists no unnecessary features, just the ability to play MP3 files one at a time and change the font size. Those were my two main features I was looking for. It also has an EQ with several user presets. Because it can finally do what my favourite program WinAmp can do, I might very well get another tablet and just stay in the Android domain. It won't play midi files without that annoying reverb Android adds, but I just convert the midis to MP3's.

So... I'm a pretty happy camper at the moment. I will try it out on my Monday gig, and see how it performs in the field. The other nice thing is that I emailed a question to the developer and he responded quickly. Now I just need an app to turn my fanboy gushing off!

BTW you achieve single play by turning on Musician Mode - nice to be considered for once.

• Members

The only links I have previously seen to WinAmp Android have been pretty suspect. The above one seems better (thanks toober) but that particular app wants access to your phone calls and all sorts of other things. I don't normally download apps like that unless they're through the Google store and even then, only if there are no other alternatives - call me paranoid! As well, the newer versions of Windows WinAmp were full of useless (to me) features that clouded up my end use.

Maybe I'll try the app on something else that isn't critical.

I'm curious as to how careful, or particular other people are about downloads in general. Maybe I just read 1984 at an impressionable age, and it stuck with me, I dunno.

In any case the new app works great, basically the same way WinAmp works. I guess it's essentially a glorified folders player, but so far so good.

• Moderators

No, I'm with you, Shaster, I do not want to put anything in my phone that does more than I want it to do. I have my GPS off, I have my 'no track' setting on..I will not be metadata'd!

I'm already disturbed by non-music sites that throw music gear ads up because I had been tracked here...there really is no privacy or true anonymity on the internet! And phone apps are the sneakiest little bestids of them all.

• Members

Update. Music Folder Player works great, very happy with it.

I did download WinAmp on my back-up mini tablet (that cost all of $67.00). That particular Android version had nowhere near the capabilities of it's Windows brother - it doesn't even have single play, so it's a no go.

I did find anAndroid midi file player, that can be configured to single play, called Midi Voyager. It might not turn out to be the greatest playback device, but it's an interesting app that warrants further investigation.

Archived