Just snagged a SICK deal on a Yamaha DXS12 Sub

• Members

Wow- truly impressed! Such a great lightly structured way of getting kids to dance together- catchy dance/sing alongs, and put em in rows of theatre seats! And I don't know what you did to warm them up, but they looked like they were having a blast- would that all audiences be so receptive!

• Members

Those were truly great shows - most exciting/best I have ever done. As my girls and I (those are my 2 daughters on stage with me who have been doing shows since they were very little) were waiting in our dressing room, we could see school bus after school bus after school bus arriving and even police directing traffic at one point. I felt like I was the Wiggles or something (incedently, the Wiggles did perform in that same locations a few months prior to my show as did Clifford the Big red dog. Hanson - remember Umm bop - performed the night before us!)

It's really sad for me that my girls are getting almost too old to be doing these shows with me. My oldest will be 12 this summer. :cry: We always have such a good time when we go ''on tour''. My wife and I always make sure to book a hotel room with a pool and usually buy the girls a little something for them helping their dad who is a little shy on stage by himself... Great memories and quality family time.

Al

• Members

Bottom line - in SOME laboratory, these amps provide big numbers the marketing dept. feels like advertising. The real world truth is - the cabs stay consistent at low and very high db levels.

Now you get it. The numbers are not as important as the real world performance. That is all I was trying to say. Also, some marketing numbers aren't from actual labs, they are from an engineer's calculations of theoretical performance. Many advertised numbers were either never really achieved or were only achieved for a few milliseconds just before the speaker fried.

I believe you get it. Congrats on owning a nice system that you are happy with. That is somewhat rare as many of us only see what the system is missing and not what the system is.

Archived