NAMM Goodies

UstadKhanAli

• Members

For me, the hit of this year's Winter NAMM was Omnisphere 2.0. New features include exotic soundsources, audio import, wavetable and granular synthesis, Sound Match, and Sound Lock.

Available for download April 30, 2015. Price: $499. Standard upgrade for all Omnisphere 1 customers: $249. VIP upgrade for customers who own Omnisphere, Trilian and Stylus RMX: $199. Grace period upgrade for new Omnisphere customers from October 2014 thru May 2015: free.

For more info, check out the video below:

[video=youtube;DbpqdaLO-WI]

Best,

Geoff​

• Members

Oh and Ken, sorry to hear about your knee - I hope everything goes smoothly when they operate. Sorry you missed NAMM too.

Thanks, Phil. I had the operation on Wednesday, so I'm in recovery mode right now. I can begin bearing weight this afternoon, according to the doctor's guidelines, and then just work on walking and so on.

• Members

Hey, Phil, it's good to see you too! I decided to give NAMM a miss this year and experience it virtually online instead. There's a wealth of information and video content from Harmony Central, Sonic State, Future Music, Sound On Sound, Keyboard magazine, Gearslutz, and other sites. And of course, the audio content coming through my BM15As often sounds better than it would on a noisy show floor.

That said, I missed seeing my friends, talking with manufacturers, and getting a hands on feel for build quality and keyboard action; but I'm glad I didn't risk getting sick. There seems to be not only a wealth of gear but also a wealth of germs at NAMM. I've gotten sick more often than not after going—and this year, I didn't want to take the risk. Maybe next year...

Ken, I hope your recovery goes smoothly and quickly and that you can get back to being your normal active self in no time at all!

Best,

Geoff

• Members

One of the doctors just called, and said that I can start walking and bearing weight, using the crutches as a guide if need be. So I just took my first faltering steps since surgery. Wasn't pretty, but they were steps nonetheless. And yeah, it hurt a little, so I will need to take it really easy. I'll just keep it this kind of walking for now.

Archived