GFI and switching power supply

• Members

They are SRX 715's. My limiters are set very conservative. 800WRMS for both drivers and 100v Peak limiter. I was getting about 2db of limiting at times during the show, but very infrequently.

Like said in previous post I have been running my system all day, non stop with no errors. Loads have been steady between 4-6ohms. Granted it is not a live situation, but the cabinets sound fine.

Double-check that all drivers are operating first, and wiggle the connectors on the cables.

• Members

I just did a frequency sweep with some program material from 12khz down to 90Hz, where the HP filter is set on the 715. Each cabinet responded the same. Both HF and LF drivers are working fine. I have not taken the cabinets apart at this time.

• Members

How could it be in the amplifier? It needs to be tuned to the speaker system and would be different for any speaker system connected.

There is a different kind of Zobel network in the amplifier, it's part of the stability network on the output of most class AB/G/H/TD amps.

• Members

There is a different kind of Zobel network in the amplifier, it's part of the stability network on the output of most class AB/G/H/TD amps.

I've needed to use Zobel Networks for the taming of parasitic oscillations. In this case, you need to be as close to the output stage as possible to reduce any reactance. And this is how I think of Zobel Networks, so I didn't understand putting one in a cross-over or at the load.

You learn something new every day. I've never thought of a load stablization network as a Zobel.

• CMS Author

I'd look into two things:

1) Open the cabinets and look for an unlocked connector. I had a driver drop out on my SR-X due to this.

2) Check the speaker cable ends for a stray strand that might be intermittently making contact on its neighbor.

You have an intermittent problem, so it's going to be very difficult to troubleshoot now that you've moved the rig.

Archived