Switching to Reaper

rsadasiv

• Members

Still figuring out where stuff is. The midi editing, audio editing and loop recording tools don't feel right yet. Lots of built in fx, but not a lot of good sounding presets for all those built in fx.

Playing some Zep.

Addictive Drums

B4

Lounge Lizard EP

Reason Pianos

LP -> Classic 30 -> Direct

LP -> Classic 30 -> Rode NT1A (close)

LP -> Classic 30 -> Fathead Cascade (room)

• Members

Sounds like this is the kind of song where just a little nudge in the instrumentation can really change the mood.

I like how it starts dark and then speeds up.

DO I remember correctly you did a really cool song a year or two ago that involved bongos or some kind of hand percussion? I think it was you. It was kind of poetic. The reason i bring it up is that those bongos(?) really put a distinctive drive into the song - soft but present.

If this wasn't you - sorry to mix things up -- but maybe still think about the idea!

It *might* have been bee3... if it is bee3.. can you link the song?

• Members
Sounds like this is the kind of song where just a little nudge in the instrumentation can really change the mood.

I like how it starts dark and then speeds up.

DO I remember correctly you did a really cool song a year or two ago that involved bongos or some kind of hand percussion? I think it was you. It was kind of poetic. The reason i bring it up is that those bongos(?) really put a distinctive drive into the song - soft but present.

If this wasn't you - sorry to mix things up -- but maybe still think about the idea!

It *might* have been bee3... if it is bee3.. can you link the song?

Thanks Rick!

The percussion is probably me - I have a midi generator called Jamcussion that I am (overly?) fond of.

• Moderators

Ram, I spent an hour in a great one-on-one conversation with Abelton's head of marketing two nights ago at NAMM after hours. What a company! What a communal mind set. I'm going to get myself back into Live one more time. After being such an avid Acid user for so long, the paradigm shift was a struggle for me. But I am ready once again to try to figure that one out. Great software with an emphasis on musicmaking.

• Members
Ram' date=' I spent an hour in a great one-on-one conversation with Abelton's head of marketing two nights ago at NAMM after hours. What a company! What a communal mind set. I'm going to get myself back into Live one more time. After being such an avid Acid user for so long, the paradigm shift was a struggle for me. But I am ready once again to try to figure that one out. Great software with an emphasis on musicmaking.[/quote']

I spent an hour in Reaper trying to beat match Bonzo and the string quartet, and it still sounded like crap. Fired up Live and three minutes later I had usable tracks.

Archived