Vicarious Embarrassment Syndrome.

Idunno

• Members

Yes! That one worked fine. Great songs. Hey, not trying to come off as defending populist pap, but really, it's frickin' stuff folks listen to in the background, or..and this is a bit "deep"...when you had a crap day, and you don't want to think, and maybe you just feel like telling 'em all to "KISS MY A***!" That's why a lot of these have legs, and now we have at least one hypothesis of why these throwaways get where they are, and why the next time someone asks you guys, you'll be a bit more sympathetic, not that you'll play it, of course😉. Even Billy Ray. What better song to line dance to? (Errrr...if yer into that sorta stuff..)

• Members
Yes! That one worked fine. Great songs. Hey' date=' not trying to come off as defending populist pap, but really, it's frickin' stuff folks listen to in the background, or..and this is a bit "deep"...when you had a crap day, and you don't want to think, and maybe you just feel like telling 'em all to "KISS MY A***!" That's why a lot of these have legs, and now we have at least one hypothesis of why these throwaways get where they are, and why the next time someone asks you guys, you'll be a bit more sympathetic, not that you'll play it, of course😉. Even Billy Ray. What better song to line dance to? (Errrr...if yer into that sorta stuff..)[/quote']

I get that exactly, Neal. Don't worry about defending anything. You listen to what you want and like what you want and the truth is, nobody should have to defend that. Even if you don't realIy like it, you have a right to defend it anyway. believe it or not, I respect that.

I quit playin' the clubs back in 2006. Got tired of driving home with the sun coming up in my face, taking a shower and then going to my REAL job. It was wearing my A$$ out. It was a lot of fun and truth is that I did it because I loved doing it. Didn't make much money, but who really cared. Part of what made me quit playing was having to play more and more song sets that I didn't really enjoy.....but still that wasn't the biggest reason I quit. Because I had no songwriting skills all I could do was mimic the popular movement, I just got burnt out on it. Truth is, and this is hard to admit...it was real and I wasn't. If you repeat anything enough times, it becomes first cliche', then a caricature of itself and eventually hypocritical. Heck, I don't even like cowboy hats!

I watched the commercial pop country music scene grow into what it eventually became and most of it I didn't like...BUT, here's the bottom line. Those guys are some of the finest musicians out there. Even Billy Ray, I suppose. They would have to be or they wouldn't have gotten where they did. They gave the crowds what they wanted and like it or not, that sells records. I don't like Hip Hop either, but honestly it has had irrevocable influence on pop culture music.. In this day and age of technology, to my way of thinking, that's a good thing...whether it meets my opinion of worthy, or yours, or Sweb's for that matter is irrelevant.

Archived