A plea....

Spärk

• Members

I remember it being said that the AMPS forum was all brootz. Not really. I was active there during the heyday. Whenever anyone had a serious amp question it was answered quite quickly.

What confused some is that for the regulars there, you can only ask 'what kind of preamp tube?' so many times. People got onto other topics.

It was a fun place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just by chance I decided to drop by here to see what has been happening on the ol' Amps forum. I used to post here a lot back in the days of "teh brootalz" and such and thought I should comment. It WAS a fun place that you could also get a lot of info from. While I did enjoy heavy music I wasn't one of the full-blown metalheads here but I still felt like my questions were respected and answered. In retrospect there may have been too much goofing off but I think some goofing is a good thing. I eventually left because I felt like I had serious G.A.S. as a result of being here all the time. It was a cool place though.

• Members
I dont buy that the 2008 is the only reason this site has went dark. If you go to the Amp page on The Gear Page every post on the front page is new as of today.
Forums like that are a waste of time. You put something meaningful down and bam, it's gone like that. My favorite forum used to take a week for your post to reach page two. I prefer quality over quantity when it comes to posts. But that forum had some deep thinking involved, not idle jibber-jabber.

Archived