Need a prop for hot chicks to stand on....

• Members

Thinking four JBL 518's: stacked 3 on the bottom and one on the top as a dancing stack if you will. I do understand the forced forthcoming of serious inherent risks and liability and stupidity. How much weight can those boxes take and for how long?

But if this guy has people dancing on the hood of a GTO with a Global Truss behind them (not to mention him), is my idea possible? http://www.chopperdj.com/

2 birds with one stone, a whole lotta bass and a stage prop. Thoughts opinions answers solutions experience or idears?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
Thinking four JBL 518's: stacked 3 on the bottom and one on the top as a dancing stack if you will. I do understand the forced forthcoming of serious inherent risks and liability and stupidity.
If that were true, you wouldn't be asking this question.

How much weight can those boxes take and for how long?
It doesn't matter - the bigger issues are people falling off them and them tipping over.

But if this guy has people dancing on the hood of a GTO with a Global Truss behind them (not to mention him), is my idea possible? http://www.chopperdj.com/

2 birds with one stone, a whole lotta bass and a stage prop. Thoughts opinions answers solutions experience or idears?

That guy is a {censored}ing idiot. He's encouraging people in leather-soled shoes and heels to dance on a 2' wide, sloped, uneven platform. Stop using him as your example of what's a good idea.

-Dan.

• Members

Actually the hood of his GTO is about a 4 to 5 foot section. It's on wheels and it actually folds so the hood is vertical when he transports it through doors, etc. I know crazy but I witnessed a wedding and at least 4 to 5 people dancing on it at the same time. My thought was that what if one drunk person (especially heels) were to fall it would take all of them down but he said he's been doing it 25 years. He does appear to have steel under the actual hood to reinforce for people to stand on it as I would imagine the stock hood with enough weight would buckle under the weight.

• Members
Actually the hood of his GTO is about a 4 to 5 foot section.
I said "2' wide," but should have said "2' deep". Regardless, even worse than the size, IMO, is the contour - it's not flat. I'm not so much worried about it collapsing as I am people slipping and falling.

-Dan.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by IsildursBane View Post
I said "2' wide," but should have said "2' deep". Regardless, even worse than the size, IMO, is the contour - it's not flat. I'm not so much worried about it collapsing as I am people slipping and falling.

-Dan.
I need that too suggestions always taken

• Members

I used to put my four custom 18" subs about that size in front of the stage, and the club allowed women to dance on them - but they were in a straight line, I built steps on either side for the dancers to get up and down, and there was the stage behind them to catch the women if they fell backwards.

I'm not suggesting or advocating anything, just reporting how I did it. We had no accidents during that time.

I'm currently using 21" subs which are taller (32"), so they are off limits.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mrcpro View Post
I used to put my four custom 18" subs about that size in front of the stage, and the club allowed women to dance on them - but they were in a straight line, I built steps on either side for the dancers to get up and down, and there was the stage behind them to catch the women if they fell backwards.

I'm not suggesting or advocating anything, just reporting how I did it. We had no accidents during that time.

I'm currently using 21" subs which are taller (32"), so they are off limits.
May I ask the results you achieved? serve the purpose? Assuming your custom 18's were built with plywoodheavey duty, prob a bit more support that MRX's I'm guessing?

• Members
May I ask the results you achieved? serve the purpose? Assuming your custom 18's were built with plywoodheavey duty, prob a bit more support that MRX's I'm guessing?
This was a club where I DJ. I put the subs in front of the stage for sound purposes originally, but young women were always getting on top of them and dancing on their own (as they are known to do when drinking wink.gif ). Rather than have security keep pulling them off, I talked it over with the manager and we set it up with steps to make it safer - but always giving security the option of policing it if the women were too drunk or getting out of hand.

They are subs I built out of 3/4" plywood - 26" high. As I said, the stage was right behind them and about the same height.

I think women of reasonable weight should be able to stand on an MRX sub. Stand on it yourself if you want to test it out...

Archived