Old Pal Minnow Bucket Band

pogo97

• Moderators

Looks to me like you boyz wuz havin' a good time playin', and really, that is what counts.

The dobro sounds killer by the way... I wish my reso recorded than well.

Add a verse to that second song, 'Don't Write Songs Anymore': Don't wear crew socks with shorts any more....

Don't get me started on the the music stand debate, either.

I liked the set up with the central speakers, too, one flipped back as a monitor, one tilted out... powered units?

• Members

Yes, powered units. Mackies, I think.

You'll notice that I am not wearing socks or using a music stand. I do read from books when I'm playing piano because in the piano band we're continually learning new and sometimes-difficult songs but I'm trying to get off that as soon as possible. In this band it's "if I don't know it I don't play it."

You're right, that Dobro has a wonderful voice. Bought it new when I was 17 -- my first real guitar and still my only acoustic. It was poorly built with the neck set badly. At one point, being many hours from a guitar tech, I was inspired to create a sort of bolt-on clamp between the bridge and tailpiece to keep the strings bearing properly on the bridge. I think that the clamp has a very positive effect on the tone -- mostly it smoothes the attack and adds some sustain. Sort of a physical compressor. I've since had the neck issues fixed but the clamp stays anyway. I originally made it with a set screw for each string but that was uncomfortable and unnecessary so the set screws came out -- hence the holes.

freddyondobro.jpg

Archived