August 2014 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

• Members

~~~~Had to lower the bridge a full turn on the screws. but better balanced and and more singing tone than any Firebird I have played, I like the upper horn variation he did. Paul may not be the best guitarist but I believe in his guitar designs now and the old PS10 Ibanez guitars are in demand now and I hear this design is discontinued..... will look to pick up a white too if the sell them at this price

wUlCHTs.jpg

• Members

Thanks,~~Update just was at guitar Center played a 2k Skunk Baxter Firebird and it was , well balanced ,great materials but the bridge moved when I used the Bigsby, not 20 X nicer .....

I agree with you on the electronics, I planned on putting in Bill Lawrence mini humbuckers but these have a great singing characteristic with gain.

• Members

Can you fit soapbar sized P-90s in those Firebirds in place of the minibuckers? I prefer a more distortion class pickup and have a passive EMG P92 (Based on the passive version of the EMG 81 (EMG H4). Would not want to make a permanent mod to where the original minibuckers wouldn't fit or there would be a visible route.

• Members

Morgan do you know if the routes are like a Gibson LP Deluxe that has the metal bar that the pickup mounting screws thread into? If so then the p-90s are pretty much a drop in replacement except for needing to tap new screw holes into the steel bar.

• Members

It is mounted in the Pickup ring, that looks like it is just screwed into the body.

Went to Guitar Center to check out the interesting Vegas Gold Strat with a Custom Shop 2 point Vintage bridge for 799.-15% but walked out with a this Bullet they are selling in store for 99. new low price point for Aztec Gold.

hDvDaXL.jpg

• Members

~~~~Had to lower the bridge a full turn on the screws. but better balanced and and more singing tone than any Firebird I have played, I like the upper horn variation he did. Paul may not be the best guitarist but I believe in his guitar designs now and the old PS10 Ibanez guitars are in demand now and I hear this design is discontinued..... will look to pick up a white too if the sell them at this price

wUlCHTs.jpg

MF has a used condition 2 Black PS10 for $199 - if you could get the labor day 15% off that would be a smoking deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

wUlCHTs.jpg

I was SO tempted to get one of the white ones when they were the SDOTD....but since I have too many guitars already, I passed.

But then, a little while ago, a blemished one went up on MF for $147....and I could not resist. Looking foward to my first "Firebird", my first mini-humbucker guitar, my first ebony fretboard guitar....and my first signature model guitar. Will post review when I get it.

Archived