Talk About Anything But Donald Trump and Politics

bee3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Couple things happening... I'll be performing a song live for the first time (ever) on the radio on Sunday, Oct 11th. I'll be at the station promoting both my old band's upcoming show and my forthcoming album. You can stream it live here: http://www.wstw.com/heroes/

There is a link ("Listen") at the top of the page that allows you to stream live. The show is from 8 - 10 PM EST, so not sure what time I'll be playing. Avery will be joining me on guitar... I may possibly have percussion and bass with me too, not sure yet.

Then my old band, K-Floor, will be performing live on the Preston & Steve Morning show, which is the biggest FM morning radio show in the Philadelphia area. That is on Friday, October 16th and can be streamed here: http://wmmr.com/

Not sure what time we'll be on... likely in the 8 AM EST timeframe.

• Members
Couple things happening... I'll be performing a song live for the first time (ever) on the radio on Sunday, Oct 11th. I'll be at the station promoting both my old band's upcoming show and my forthcoming album. You can stream it live here: http://www.wstw.com/heroes/

There is a link ("Listen") at the top of the page that allows you to stream live. The show is from 8 - 10 PM EST, so not sure what time I'll be playing. Avery will be joining me on guitar... I may possibly have percussion and bass with me too, not sure yet.

Then my old band, K-Floor, will be performing live on the Preston & Steve Morning show, which is the biggest FM morning radio show in the Philadelphia area. That is on Friday, October 16th and can be streamed here: http://wmmr.com/

Not sure what time we'll be on... likely in the 8 AM EST timeframe.

Justin this is very very cool...will you be able to record it (don't think I can listen live)?

• Members
Fabulous!

That said, you might want to lift the lead vocal out of the background a tiny bit more.

BTW, I hate you for writing songs I can't get out of my head...

Thanks that means a lot, even the hate lol. Yeah the mix is still rough...actually I'm still tracking and using a submix of bass, piano and lead vocal, so I can't change those levels until I go back and reassemble the whole song with the final tempo changes. Bit of a mess I'm putting off actually...

• Members
I worked on this all weekend, almost done, pretty stoked: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13225252

Great work! The kid likes it alot too. She was dancing around saying it sounded like something that could've been movie we just watched, jack and the coo coo clock heart. It's on Netflix and is a pretty cool cartoon if anybody is into that sort of thing.

• Members

Great work! The kid likes it alot too. She was dancing around saying it sounded like something that could've been movie we just watched, jack and the coo coo clock heart. It's on Netflix and is a pretty cool cartoon if anybody is into that sort of thing.

That's awesome....kids don't lie! And there's a lot of great music on kid's shows. I love the

ha...

• Members

"Feeling Wine" is wonderful, so clever. You could get some grizzled Country veteran to cover it...

Thanks, that was one that was worked up in here. I don't normally get into production discussion here because I'm not set up to do the recording myself and sometimes it takes me a while to get to the studio, but when people have suggestions I try and keep them in mind. LK had the idea for the trombone on this track. :)

• Members
Hey what do you guys think of this design for my EP...it definitely fits the vibe but is it too obvious (bleached out filtered beach scenes)?

I like the beach and palm trees. But but the font? Not so much.

fetch?id=31611351fetch?id=31611352fetch?id=31611353

fetch?id=31611356fetch?id=31611357

• Members
Haha, wow, nice. Those fonts are all kind of too stylized for us though I think. The typewriter is clean but a little grutty, ha...It's hard. We have a version with Cooper Black; i.e. the Pet Sounds font. "Too obvious" I thought.

fetch?id=31611690

I don't think it's too obvious. I think your other font is better, though.

• Members
Just going to throw this idea in the pot

Very funny, nice. Actually there's a great tradition of art on orange crate labels, it would be cool to adapt one of those. (Actually Orange County's own No Doubt already did that on Tragic Kingdom.)

Here's where I am on Genevieve and honesty I'm not sure I can do it any better. Frankly, it's frustrating, I wanted this to be modern and garage-y and it sounds like a 60s Britpop musical, mostly in amber. I want it to be hard and I put harpsichords on it. Going to sit with it for a couple of weeks (I have some business travel) and see how I feel.

Archived