Onsong app

rjbee

• Members

I recently got this app and I'm fairly happy with it so far. I have all of my songs typed out with chords, my own fake sheets so to speak. I have converted all of them to pdfs and was able to load them into my Ipad and Onsong with ease.

They all came in alphabetized which was great, but when I decided to add the artist, it wouldn't take unless I converted the file which made it difficult to use in a performing situation.

Does anyone have any experience editing pdf files, not the file itself, but the identifying parameter within Onsong without converting them to the onsong format. It actually lets me add the artist but when I choose sort by artist nothing comes up. I hope this question makes sense.

• Members

i literally just started using onsong like three days ago... its pretty intuitive and txt files drop right in from my dropbox account... i still dont know if i'm going to use it live, though... i keep finding myself looking at it when i dont need to, and the distraction sets off more internal dialogue... just what i DONT need on stage...

i do plan on giving it a fair shake though, it's a handy way to keep a song list and i can easily see where it would help especially for requests etc...

• Members

The only downside to things like ipads etc is using them outside in the sunlight, the screen washes really bad making it pretty hard to see at times. Of course at night it's pretty cool because you've got this nice glow.

• Members

Voltan, I would hate to play live without it now, but you are right. I usually just glance st the next song in the list as it comes up, see if I have put a "post it" on it re a joke or story to tell, check if it needs a capo and what fret or harmonica and what key, first line and I am away never looking till the next song comes up. But sometimes I have a brain fart and do actually need to remind myself of a lyric and it is so easy then to simply read the rest of the song. I do that less now then when I started with it but still catch myself sometimes.

• Members

youre gonna laugh... i left the damn thing in my car and when i finally got around to setting it up, i turned it off because i just found it too distracting... i didnt even use a song list, we just took turns with three of four apiece or whatever moved us and we ended up playing a little over 5 hours...

Archived