Using iPad question

msmooth

• Members

Hi, no she will not have to be on line whilst using, but to import the lyrics directly prior to the performance she will. The gist of it is, you buy the ipad, go online and buy an appropriate app , the most popular are On Song or Chord Pro. Then you populate the songs into the app either by typing them or more likely downloading directly via the app, you then organise the songs into set lists. You can then associate each song to backing tracks if appropriate. For performing simply call up the app, off line, plug a comecting cable from the earphone plug into your mixer and away you go. With regards to the stands I bought a cheap generic one and really regret it and will be buying a better model soon, I am sure others here will be able to recommend a decent one, but make sure you get one that can hold firmly in both portrait and landscape, as until you try it "in anger" you won't be sure which orientation you prefer. Cheers Steve

• Members

I use the iKlip2. Started with the iKlip1, but it was a pain to rotate from portrait to landscape (had to take it apart and loosen a screw). The iKlip2 changes orientation instantaneously and holds the iPad securely. I use mine with a boom stand set off to my right. The iPad is mounted on the upright part of the stand at about stomach height. It's out of the audience's main line of sight and I make sure I'm not staring at it while performing, using it mainly to make sure I'm in the right key and have the correct keyboard settings. I also use it to remind me of what songs I know and what the first few words of the song are. I currently have well over 2000 songs in OnSong.

• Members

i have one similar to the pic above... works well. I use Songbook on the iPad and on Windows and sync the two over Dropbox. Songbook uses the chordpro format which is similar to fakebook layout. I also load the songs for the music files so I can play along. You don't need to have connectivity to use it, just to sync and load new files.

Archived