TC Electronic Konnekt 24D - The Next Generation

Anderton

• Members

Well, I thought things were ok, but now I'm experience some BSOD crashes when trying to enable Fabrik C as a plug-in in Sonar 6 PE. In addition, for some reason I can't enable Output Chanel 1 or 2 in Sonar without putting the chanel to some other output first (used 3). After selecting chanel 3 as an out in the track drop down list, Chanel 1 was an option, so I was able to select it.

I repeated the same procedure twice, and both times the computer locked up and crashed to a blue screen with a memory dump.

I then rebooted a third time, and this time I tried to open up the control panel, which opened ok. But when I tried to select the Fabrik C tab to put it in plug-in mode ( I suspected this was the problem causing the first 2 crashes), but that also caused a crash.

Everything seemed to be working just fine earlier, except for the issue with not being able to see all the outputs in the drop down list for each track. I see 3, 4, adat chanels etc, but not 1 and 2. I checked audio setup and they are checked, so they should appear.

Frustrated.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I thought things were ok, but now I'm experience some BSOD crashes when trying to enable Fabrik C as a plug-in in Sonar 6 PE. In addition, for some reason I can't enable Output Chanel 1 or 2 in Sonar without putting the chanel to some other output first (used 3). After selecting chanel 3 as an out in the track drop down list, Chanel 1 was an option, so I was able to select it.

I'm not having any of these problems with Sonar. Have you upgraded to 6.2.1?

• Members

I haven't upgraded, but I don't think that's the problem. Now I can't open the control panel at all without crashing to a bsod. I was having some crashes like this with the old software periodically....usually after I had been working for a while.

But now it is triggered every time I open the control panel. I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that would fix it, but no luck.

• Members

Nightwatch,
Could you please send me your system specs in a PM, and if you haven't already please send a detailed report (of your system) and your experiences to konnektbeta@tcelectronic.com

Do you know what kind of Firewire chipset you're using and have you tried another? I searched through all of your other posts and didn't see you mention this.

• Members

Mike -

Your 'after hours' and weekend replies are not going unnoticed (much appreciated)

Craig (someone whom I consider a Mentor of sorts) doesn't get sleep much either, I hear...

Not that he would want to change anything.

Thank you both.

Marc Johnson

• Members

Hi folks,

First, a big thank you to Craig and Mike :thu: Its great news and glad those unhappy users are starting to smile :wave:

I just found out about the new driver yesterday, but I was on another comp and I havent had to much sleep last night so the driver update will be done tomorrow, will report ASAP to T.C and this thread with results.

The first thing I did, was post the new driver news on the hispanic forums to try to get the good news on this side of Europe and prep this up. I have asked the none English speaking users to send me a pm so I can guide them through the new installation method as stated by Mike and T.C.

I have no relation with T.C or Mike (aside from this forum), I have just been very confident and fond of this unit since day one, and T.C, and would like to see more happy users with this quality unit, insted some brand name poor quality over exposure units...no pun intended.

Konnekt users, we will rule!!!!
now I need to get some sleep

Best regards,

Mike
----
Exclusive DAW:
Dell Inspirion 6400 @ 1.60Ghz Duo (T2050), 1024MB/ 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
60GB HD, generic firewire OCHI.
Konnekt 24D, M-One XL, Joemeek Six Q, Boss GS-10.
Ableton Live Lite 6, Sonar 5, Cubase SX, LE and SE, Reason 2.5.
M-Audio Axiom 49.

• Members
Hi folks,

First, a big thank you to Craig and Mike
:thu:
Its great news and glad those unhappy users are starting to smile
:wave:

You're very welcome. I'm pleased that by and large, people are having positive results with the new drivers. I definitely am! I would like to think that the Pro Review has helped a little bit to make this happen, although I would like to point out that despite some of the TC slagging that's gone down here, the new code didn't write itself and in retrospect, I'm glad the people at TC were writing code instead of spending time here (besides, I don't know if they could have contributed much more than Mike already has).

It's easy to look back and see what might/should have been done, but the bottom line is whether we have working units or not. It has taken a long time to nail down the remaining issues, and TC is aware of others that need fixes, but this is going in the right direction for sure.

I would once more like to thank TC for how they've handled the existence of this thread. Take it from an editor who's constantly pressured by everyone and his brother, TC has shown some real class by, as we say in English, "letting the chips fall were they may." (As I'm aware many of the people on this thread do not have English as a native language, it's a phrase that basically means someone is willing to deal with whatever consequences come from their actions.)

Now excuse me while I go back to enjoying the headphone amp on the K24D :):):)

• Members

Before we pat ourselves on the back, perhaps we can still remember the fact that us poor Mac users are still left out in the cold, with no idea of whether a solution is forthcoming or not. Promised, yes, but it's been a telescopically long wait, and every week brings more skepticism.

• Members
Now excuse me while I go back to enjoying the headphone amp on the K24D
:):):)

If doing so makes you that happy, it must be safe to assume that you disagree with Laxano (see the closed thread).

"the konnekt has two headphone out when the other have only one. but it's not the quantity it matters but the quality. and the quality is by far with the rme and the emu. konnekt's "state of the art" headphone amp ,as it is avertised, is a typical headphone amp (at least to my ears) thats totally outclassed by both ff800 & 1820m. you can hear the noise (when it's above average turned on),it's not loud,it made my senh hd80 and sony mdr headphones to sound like normal-consumer headphones. also,where is the (tight) bass???"

• Members

Thanks for that last post, really on the ball there:rolleyes:

It's been a while since i last posted on the previous forum and i continue to have problems with dropouts in the audio for no particular reason (with the previous driver 1.10). Only seems to happen on playback, not recording, although monitoring is affected too i think. Anyways, seeing as this is the new thread and everything looks to be in the process of being sorted, I look forward to having working mac drivers that dont force me to upgrade to an intel mac as i use a perfectly good g4 1.67. I've been doing a slew of audio editing on my internal soundcard due to the problems i've noticed above so heres hoping that they HURRY UP!
Also, i think we deserve to have a few options regarding the goodies that come bundled with the unit- You want TC delay and EQ instead of reverb? No problem, just download the zip file. only 2 effects at once, mind you, dear customer, but you can have any mix you like including our new filter thingy- Be nice wouldnt it?
Double also- can it be possible to have discrete sends per channel to the any outputs like the MOTU mixer has- lets say that you could send ADAT input channel 5 to Analog output 3 only- Shazaam! Be far more useful than the current "mixer" no?:idea:

• Members
...can it be possible to have discrete sends per channel to the any outputs like the MOTU mixer has -

lets say that you could send ADAT input channel 5 to Analog output 3 only- Shazaam! Be far more useful than the current "mixer" no?
:idea:

I'm thinking the Konnekt LIVE might be 'better suited' for this request, but maybe Mike M. could provide some insight/guidance?

Marc Johnson

• Members

Hi Craig. Have you had a chance to work with 1.20 using Acid Pro 6? Any thoughts? Also, Mike posted a work-around that would allow one to use the VST effects in a mixdown situation without using Acid's rendering option (effects can only be used in a real-time mixdown). Here's his suggestion:
"... if any of your digital channels are not in use, you could do your own realtime mixdown by routing the digital out right back to the input. Disable direct monitor or mute that channel and you're good to go." How would I set this up in Acid Pro?

• Members

dropouts are still present, unfortunately. in fact, they repeat now more often with drivers 1.20 but do not require the kill of the playback application instance with task manager, it's enough to restart it.. unfortunately, though, it makes it impossible to listen to music. (WDM mode)

-andrejs

• Members

Addendum to my previous message (#23):

Everytime I open Cubase the TC Near driver is reinstalled in the same way as previously (100+ error messages).

Next I'll try uninstalling the 1.20 drivers, removing all pertinent folders, and editing the registry to get rid of all TC Near and Konnekt references and then reinstalling.

• Members

I´ve been reading this post for some time and I just have to say that I have no problems with my Konnekt 24D. Ok, the VST plug in thing is not stable, but it is a Beta.
I´m on a PowerMac G5 DP 2 GHZ with the latest OS.
No dropouts and the sound is superb. I tried out the Alesis io26, but I bought the Konnekt. The sound is so clean. Used to own a Presonus Firebox and I think I can say the Konnekt was a big step up for me.

Sorry to hear about all of you that can´t use the Konnekt without problems.

• Members
If doing so makes you that happy, it must be safe to assume that you disagree with Laxano (see the closed thread).

"the konnekt has two headphone out when the other have only one. but it's not the quantity it matters but the quality. and the quality is by far with the rme and the emu. konnekt's "state of the art" headphone amp ,as it is avertised, is a typical headphone amp (at least to my ears) thats totally outclassed by both ff800 & 1820m. you can hear the noise (when it's above average turned on),it's not loud,it made my senh hd80 and sony mdr headphones to sound like normal-consumer headphones. also,where is the (tight) bass???"

Yes, I do. I like the one in the 1820m (don't have an ff800 for comparison) but to me the K24D sounds like it has a bit more clarity in the high end. I do agree you can't get really high volumes out of it, but that doesn't bother me as I don't believe in monitoring through headphones at high volumes - it's very dangerous for the ears. My ears are still in pretty good shape and I want to keep them that way :)

For the record, I'm using Ultrasones so I can't say for certain it's not just that it's a good "fit" between the two products, but of all the interfaces I have here (and that's a lot), if I just wanted to listen to a CD for pleasure I'd choose the K24D or the E-Mu 0404 (I like its headphone amp very much as well).

• Members

Hi Craig. Have you had a chance to work with 1.20 using Acid Pro 6? Any thoughts?

I have not tested the new drivers with Acid Pro because it worked well with the old version anyway. I'll test it out at some point just to confirm nothing was "broken."

Also, Mike posted a work-around that would allow one to use the VST effects in a mixdown situation without using Acid's rendering option (effects can only be used in a real-time mixdown). Here's his suggestion:

"... if any of your digital channels are not in use, you could do your own realtime mixdown by routing the digital out right back to the input. Disable direct monitor or mute that channel and you're good to go." How would I set this up in Acid Pro?

I'll look into that when I test the new drivers with Acid.

• Members

Installed the new drivers, everything now works great with Sonar!

I've not used the fabrik plugins, but as soon as I start a new project I will.

Just remember that's the one part of this beta that's still iffy. The effects work, but if you change parameters on the GUI, you'll get non-fatal clicks and pops. Also remember to close the TC Near application when you're not using it!

• Members

I'm really surprised to hear some of you say you can't get high volumes out of the headphone amp. I can turn up my headphones so loud I can use them as desktop speakers (Sony MDR-V700). Well...that's a bit of an exageration, but I actually did use them this way once to show my wife a slide show I was making with audio.

I'm sure I don't have to tell the experts on this forum about the importance of headphone efficiency. Most of you know a heck of a lot more than I do about audio, but this little stat often goes overlooked. These happen to be 107db/mW...not bad :)

• Members

Are there any news about the mac driver, the AU integration..?

And, Mike, where can I propose my idea of a traditionnal interface for the effects ?

These effects would be perfect if they presented the possibility to look like a normal compressor and reverb, with the normal parameters we are accustomed to use as professionnals.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you even understand me but I doubt it because I asked these questions several times and they've never been answered.

Thanks

Archived