Dr. Scientist Sale!

Dr. Scientist

• Members

Grrr I always miss out on the good stuff. I need the Woofer Wailer bad! I don't even want to think about the Trem, Chorus and Delay. That just makes me wanna sell my car or something to fund em all! I just spent all the cash on other pedals, why! why! Looks like they are off to SleezBay. I must strive to be one of the first to get one before the prices double!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Spydog1985

Hey Dr. Scientist!

I'm lovin' the pedals, and i'm super interested, and probably going to order at least three,

But I'm curious, you're very new, and as far as i know, have zero references, history, etc...

***So....do we have any proof/can you offer any proof that this isn't an elaborate scam of sorts?

I know, i know, I'm crazy....but i'm just being safe and watching out for my fellow forumites. Scams DO happen alot around here.
:(

As SOON as you can get back to us/me on this, I'll be ordering mucho pedals from you, and giving you some big tyme pub. with my connections and all the people i play in front of here in Dallas.

THANKS!!!

-John

WELLL!

We already sent out 1 Trem, but that is going all the way to england and should be there shortly. And the only other reference I can give you is if you call the acoustic music shop in edmonton, alberta.

www.acousticmusicshop.com

ask for Rod West, he is the owner. They are our only retail outlet so far in the world.

Scott @ axeandyoushallrecieve had a phone conversation with me a couple of days ago.

Um.

Here's a picture of me and my dog:

148847322_2da5d9acfc.jpg

• Members

Hi John!

That's a very reasonable request and I know how you feel. I'm wary of new companies sometimes too, especially ones with kind of a silly or fun vibe...what if they're so silly they don't even exist!

Here's some info about our business...

Dr. Scientist Sounds has been a registered business with the city of Edmonton, Alberta, since August of 2005. Our business license number is 49324363-002.

Dr. Scientist Sounds is also registered with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency. Our GST number is 84455 0921 RT001.

Our website, which we've all put a ton of time and effort into, was made by a talented and award-winning Canadian designer named Bryan Kulba. You can check out his work at www.kobotindustries.com and you can certainly contact him and ask him about the months we've spent preparing that site.

We also have a myspace page with lots of local bands on it, some use our pedals and could be contacted about them. www.myspace.com/drscientist

Within the next couple weeks there will be several people around the planet receiving some Dr. Scientist pedals in the mail. Whether they like them or not, they could at least vouch for our legitimacy! (They're gonna like them though!)

Thanks for the interest and compliments, John!

Highonfire72, if you like badass fuzzes then I think you'd like a Frazz Dazzler too!

Thanks again guys and talk to you soon!

-Ryan

www.drscientist.ca
ryan@drscientist.ca

• Members

Hey, is the Frazz Dazzler more of a really crazy fuzz that's hard to use... or is it more like a muff?

Mistersuperfly, the Frazz Dazzler is a pretty wild sounding fuzz...it's thick and cutting and animated and sounds different (in my opinion) than any other fuzz pedal.

It's not a pain in the rear to play though...but it doesn't play like a Big Muff much either. Frazz Dazzlers gate to silence when you hold the strings, even at high gain settings.

At the very lowest gain setting, the gating will make notes or chords sustain kind of funny (lack of sustain), but that's part of the character of the Frazz.

Once the gain is up a bit the sustain increases dramatically but the pedal still goes silent if you hold the strings or turn your volume knob down. With the gain over 75% or so the sustain will always hang to feedback, even on a totally clean amplifier, but it might take 3 minutes to get there as the Frazz will hold a note or chord for a really long time at high gain.

The Frazz Dazzler is designed to be a unique and different sounding fuzz that's not a mess of noise or feedback or oscillations. It has a big wild tone but is very well behaved and predictable.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions about it! Or any of the others!

Thanks,

-Ryan

• Members
i noticed you have alot of color variations for each pedal. what if i wanted a specific one?

Wiseblood, you can choose whichever finish you like! When you order a pedal from us you just let us know what your favourite finish is and that's the one you get!

Depending on our stock situation, we might have it built up already. And if not, we'll have yours made within a week! (Maybe a lil longer if we're behind...for example, if we had a big 25% off sale going on we might need a bit of time to create your pedal!)

Thanks for the interest and let us know if you have any other questions!

-Ryan

www.drscientist.ca
ryan@drscientist.ca

• Members

I have been in contact with these guy's for a while now, asking dumb questions, getting fast replies (Dr. S, said the Astros were going to win the World Series...). If this were a scam, then they are only gonna make about .50 an hour for their trouble. I personally will be ordering 2 within' the week (it's hard to narrow it down) Frazz Dazzler for sure...maybe the Sunny Day Delay.

Archived