!~Bad Deal with atomikkid~!

lawnchair

• Members

Ok, so I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. I made a deal to trade my Small Stone for atomikkid's Double Muff. I shipped the Small Stone almost 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive my Double Muff. I pm'ed him a few times which he responded with "It's in the mail. You should receive it in a few days." However, he hasn't responded to my last 3 messages the most recent being on the 15th.

So anyway, people beware. Hopefully a little public humiliation will get some results...

• Members

If anyone I shipped to was this impatient I wouldn't answer you either. I've seen things take a LONG time in the post. I shipped an amp to crxshdummy and it took 33 days, he didn't go bashing my name around here, he was patient and kept an eye on the tracking info.

If you shipped without tracking or requesting it from the other side then it's your fault that you don't know where your {censored} is right now.

Be patient and calm down, wait a little while longer, it might show up tomorrow, mmmmkay?

• Members

I've shipped and received a lot of pedals and they usually take about a week maximum.

Also, I asked for a tracking code and what day he shipped it and he kept dodging the question just saying "It's in the mail." I don't mean to be impatient but I've received packages shipped from Hong Kong in less time.

• Members

Three weeks doesn't seem all that impatient to me. It might be a bit early to call it a bad deal, but its getting pretty close. I can be pretty lazy but if I take more than 4 or 5 days to ship Im going to expedite it. Especially a pedal.

• Members

3 weeks is a long time unless you are talking out of country. If the guy can't get a tracking number and shipping service out of the guy that shipped it, how is he supposed to keep an eye on it and "know where his {censored} is"?

It's not difficult to give the person the damn info and until more information comes to light, it seems like atomik isn't living up to his part of the deal. If he can hop on here and toss out a tracking number to lawn, then that's a real simple way to prove it's "in the mail." The fact that he hasn't done that is most certainly cause for concern when combined with 3 weeks lead time when you both supposedly shipped at the same time.

I have found in some of my deals that some people just refuse to admit that they didn't get something shipped out on time. They just say they shipped it, but don't give any info. Then 5 days later they finally ship it, still won't give info because it would give their lie away, then just wait till it finally gets there. All during this the receiver is concerned and upset because the item should have been there by now. It's not hard to just admit you {censored}ed up and couldn't ship it on time. I am 100% sure that anyone would be happy to be completely updated honestly then lied to that something is shipped when it really isn't yet.

• Members

3 weeks is a long time unless you are talking out of country. If the guy can't get a tracking number and shipping service out of the guy that shipped it, how is he supposed to keep an eye on it and "know where his {censored} is"?

+1

• Members

Sometimes the post just stuff up, I hope this is the case for you. Most ppl around here are great, so don't stress too much for another week or 2.

I waited almost 2 months for an amp to arrive. :cry: The post office "lost" my amp and there was no log on the tracking number. (sent it to the wrong state and the guys at the depo just put it in the corner where they "forgot" about it. :mad:)

I'm just happy I got it in the end of the day. Hope it all works out for you too.

• Members
Sometimes the post just stuff up, I hope this is the case for you. Most ppl around here are great, so don't stress too much for another week or 2.

I waited almost 2 months for an amp to arrive.
:cry:
The post office "
lost
" my amp and there was no log on the tracking number. (sent it to the wrong state and the guys at the depo just put it in the corner where they "
forgot
" about it.
:mad:
)

I'm just happy I got it in the end of the day. Hope it all works out for you too.

But you had a tracking number and the fault was on the post office. He can't even get the guy to give him tracking info, which is what really concerns me. If it were shipped, it's not like it's difficult to give the guy the tracking info just to ease his mind.

• Members

I'm with lawnchair on this one... if something took 3 weeks and the shipper/seller didn't give a tracking number, I'd be absolutely bull{censored}.

I have dealt with many people, and all have provided a tracking number when they shipped, or I have received it within a couple of days.

EVERY time I ship something, I always provide a tracking number, insure the package, and give the person updates.

If you do anything other than that, you're a scummy person and aren't trustworthy. KARMA.

• Members

yeah, if his last visit on here was 2 weeks ago and i havent gotten a tracking number or anything then yeah id start getting worried too. i doubt it's the PO'S fault cause if he sent it then i dont see why he wouldnt have given you a tracking/confirmation number. hopefully he will see this thread and have some legit reason why you havent gotten your stuff yet. I've done some great deals on here with honest people and have almost always been happy with the transactions. Personally i'd hate to ruin my HC rep over a Small Stone so hopefully he will see this and even things out with you

Archived