Does this thing exist?

• Members

Hi

I'm looking for a sampler that I could set on the floor and manipulate with my feet. I would also like to be able to use 3.5" floppy discs with it.

You know that thing that Rush has onstage, and geddy can hit it with his feet? I'm looking for something similar to that. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Unfed

yes, the Moog Taurus Sample Pedal, it'll be released next week about this time...

seriously though, how about an older rack sampler controlled by a midi foot controller?

that might work. i was just thinking about what I wanted, and had no idea beyond that.

i'm a bass player btw, so i don't know much about samplers and whatnot :)

• Members

Originally posted by ImaSmrtBaby

that might work. i was just thinking about what I wanted, and had no idea beyond that.

i'm a bass player btw, so i don't know much about samplers and whatnot
:)

At least you're not a drummer :rolleyes:

I think Roland made an updated foot controller.

What are you going to be using it for? Playing loops? Background Vocals?

• Members

Originally posted by warped1

At least you're not a drummer
:rolleyes:

I think Roland made an updated foot controller.

What are you going to be using it for? Playing loops? Background Vocals?

i'll probably be using for a few loops and few samples here and there. Kinda like Ministry, if you've ever heard them.

• Members

Originally posted by Chao

Working kit > retro style
;)

hehe, yeah i know. but i can buy an entire box of floppies for the price of one flash media cards.

plus i have an older Dr. Sample, but I can't find the proper flash media card for it.

It sucks because I can find the right size, but they don't make the same kind of voltage card anymore. so its practically useless :(

• Members

i have an older Dr. Sample, but I can't find the proper flash media card for it.

It sucks because I can find the right size, but they don't make the same kind of voltage card anymore. so its practically useless
:(

eBay is the answer. I bought a sampler late last year that took SM cards but only up to 4MB (no longer made, of course). I bought six NOS for $30 and there were numerous sellers offering them.

• Members

Originally posted by Meatball Fulton

eBay is the answer. I bought a sampler late last year that took SM cards but only up to 4MB (no longer made, of course). I bought six NOS for $30 and there were numerous sellers offering them.

I tried eBay. The thing I have only takes the 3.3v SM cards, and the only ones made now are 5v.

• Members

Originally posted by audacity works

See?! Another
perfect
candidate for
Showcase
!

that sounds like what I want.

although, i would have two caveats:

1. I could control it with my feet. I only have two hands, and those are busy playing.

2. It would have to be affordable. Like, $10 would be a good price :D

• Members

1. I could control it with my feet. I only have two hands, and those are busy playing.

Well, there will be two optional footswitches available: BigSTOMP and miniSTOMP. They connect and are supplied power via 5-pin DIN (or MIDI). Designed but haven't rendered them quite yet. Showcase also sports two standard footswitch ins which are both programmable.

2. It would have to be affordable. Like, $10 would be a good price.

Sorry; you got me there. I'm thinking $549 for Showcase Arena, and $379 for Showcase Club, a smaller 1RU version without the sampler, trigger ins, digital outs, wordclock, or front panel programmability.

Archived