FS/FT Fender Squire SuperSonic Guitar !

stashman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

would trade for another guitar (open to what kind), as to $ for sale, I guess I'll let the market decide - I have all the other guitars I wish to part with up for sale with a price, thought I'd sorta put this one out with trade or offer and see what happens. others for sale are Buscarino, Minarik, and Michael Kelly.

• Members

If I didn't LOVE my mod'ed EPI LP I'd work out a trade with you. Well, that and even my guitar-tech(old high-school buddy) told me never to get rid of it. And he's got a $3000 custom shop Gibson historic LP, and I swear when he played my Epi LP(after he set it up) it sounded almost exactly the same. Granted, just about any guitar he pick's up he can make sound cool. But, I'd like to think he actually liked the Epi LP too.........he just didn't want to admit it. Ben---------Altgtr33

• Members

Yeah, with a pup swap and a setup I'm sure this would be a fire-breather. I use to have a 97' Vista Jagmaster(with a JB in the Bridge) and it was a cool guitar. But, at the time nobody here local could ever set it up right(something to due with the 24in. scale or just bad tech work).
I remember reading that the guy that came up with squier's vista line got the insperation for the super-sonic when he saw a pic of Jimi Hendrix playing a righty jaguar. I don't know if that's true but it is a cool story.
FYI the newer squier jagmaster's are actually better(at least to me) stock now because they have die-cast tuner's and duncan-designed pup's. The only real downfall of the vista's is the tuner's and the not-so-great stock pup's.

Ben-------Altgtr33

• Members

Man, I'm still tempted to trade(something). But, kinda know that I'd turn the supersonic into another project. I'd end up needing to get it set-up and I'd change the pup's out too(but, really I don't have the $ to do all that).
It would look cool next to my converted squier-into Fender Jag. Kinda like a mirror image(well, upside down and a different color).
I will say that the 24in. scale neck's on these guitar's are the best fit for guy's with shorter thin finger's like I've got.
Somebody trade for this axe and put me out of my misery already, I'm sure you'll dig it.

Ben---------Altgtr33

• Members

{censored} I was offered $1,500 for mine and turned it down, these are just way too cool! I gotta give you another bump for having one thats like new...gotta love the plastic on the pickguard. Best of luck on the sale/trade!

What kinda crack was THAT guy smoking?

• Members

Well, it does have $1,000+ worth of {censored} into it NOT including the labor by a professional luthier. Graph Tech Ferraglide saddles, Trees, and Nut. Seymour Duncan pickups, Copper wiring/DiMarzio tape throughout whole cavity, Orange Drop Caps, CTS Pots, Switchcraft Switch and Jack, custom made Pickguard (nobody makes them so I had to have a template made), 3 ground wires, Schaller locking tuners, Schaller Strap Locks, Abalone Inlays, added springs, a custom set-up for the Hipshot Tremsetter, Wilkinson Tremolo block/plate, J Bass knobs, stainless steel screws (hate that rust), and my ever so standard K-Swiss sticker on the body.

And then after all that, I had the whole thing buffed, waxed, and polished out three times so it would glow under lights. And set-up three times since all the mods so the guitar is all settled in and ready to rock.

Lets just say that I have seen them go for $500-$800 on eBay bone stock, and mine is FAR from such. So whatever he was smoking, was definetly great {censored}.

• Members

Lets just say that I have seen them go for $500-$800 on eBay bone stock, and mine is FAR from such. So whatever he was smoking, was definetly great {censored}.

i dont know bout deee.....but check this out...not trying to hijack your thread just thought this was cool....and kinda relevant...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140281622330&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

i love vista series squires, there are few better deals out there

• Members

That 650 one was heavily upgraded... and the guy who bought it was an idiot.

i dont know, that one looks pretty badass....if that's exactly what you want I'd say 650 is a good price considering you dont have to spend any time or energy sourcing parts, buying from multiple places, having it setup....i bet that thing plays and sounds like a million bucks...i might pay that much for a sonic blue vista jag with that kind of setup...or a sunbusrt venus

• Members

I use to have two saved in my favorites (until eBay made the 90 day thing and got rid of them after that) that sold for big bucks. The one was silver sparkle and it went for $685 and $35 shipping, and the blue one was mint like this guys and went for $755 not including the $40 for shipping. I own two so I tend to watch them often. So showing me 2-3 sales on them isnt going to convince me of anything.

And like most sales/trades on here need to be...if one doesnt have anything good or helpful to say, or an offer to make on the instrument, why even put a word in? Just stay the hell off the page!

The one that sold for $650 seemed like a good price, really. And it doesnt have 1/10 of the work into it that mine does, so a $1,500 offer doesnt seem to crazy when you look at the big picture. Oh and another guy offered $1,200 on here a few weeks back.

Another bump for my boy with the bad ass SS! And a bump to me for being 2.KOOL.4.SKOOL.

Archived