FS/FT Fender Squire SuperSonic Guitar !

stashman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, Nananine. But, I saw that one. It look's a little beat. Plus, I don't shop E(vil)-bay. I just look around on there sometime's, to check out used guitar's. Oh, well.......I just wish these noob's around here would learn, just like I and everyone else around here. If you don't have any kind of reference's starting out you've got to make deal's to get folk's to trust you.

Ben-------Altgtr33

• Members

you've got to be joking right? 600.00??? yeah i'll take my chances on ebay. they can be had for 300-350 easily. please lay off the crack. its not good for your health and its making you a little crazy in the head! sorry to burst your bubble, but this is not a 600.00 dollar guitar.

• Members

Wow guys, lighten up would ya? If you think I'm priced too high, and it doesn't sell, I'm ok with that. I've explained my reasoning for the pricing, I doubt there's another around still in the plastic that's virtually unplayed, and I priced it accordingly. I do have several hundred e(vil)bay references without a blemish, and I did in fact just recently sell a guitar on here to an HC member, who would (I believe) give me a positive reference. Oh well, guess I better get back to the crack pipe. :)

• Members

Well, just go put it on e-bay then. Seriously, if you tried to sell this where I live(KY) a local shop might give you $100. Squier's arn't gibson's or even Fender's. Only on e-bay are there any rich kid's that would spend that much.
If your cool with this axe being wall-art then just leave it at that. Where not trying to be asshole's but nobody around here is going to spend that kinda cash(or trade) on a Squier(as it would need at least a set-up/ and some new pup's to sound good anyway). And trust me I know I used to own a vista jagmaster.

P.S. I can very easily get to my guitar-tech today and look up the actual value in his blue book price guide. I wouldn't be suprised if a super-sonic in mint shape only went for $200-$300 buck's at best.

Ben-----Altgtr33

• Members

Well, hey. I'm glad it's setteled then. I'm still gonna check out what the blue-book value is just so I know.
You should be able to find someone willing to pay that on e-bay though. I can't help that most of us at HC are player's and not rich.
Best of luck scott.

Ben-------Altgtr33

• Members

hey if you do put it on ebay...... please let us know. i'll definatly be watching/ bidding on it! I lose money on almost every guitar I sell. I don't buy em make money though. I just get rid of what I dont like. if I lose some oh well, but you bought it new so that was for 250.00 and you wanna make a 150% profit or more! do you really think 600.00 is a fair asking price?

• Members

He's just banking on the collectibility thing. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if he gets it since it's so mint that the plastic is still on the pup covers. Not from me mind you, but it still wouldn't surprise me. Let's wait and see. I've owned a number of MIJ Squier Vista series guitars and they're really nice so who knows?

• Members

The funny thing is that one was modded by some dude at the shortscale.org forums and then sold. The new owner tweaked it a bit more and sold it again through that auction. Everyone over there can't stop commenting on how much the new owner is an idiot.

• Members

Man, If I REALLY needed to have pretty much the same body shape minus the crap vintage tuner's and squier pickup's of the super-sonic's I'd just Buy an EPI firebird and be done with it.

Ben--------Altgtr33

P.S. hey, Dixie I just saw that pic of your fender guitar's in vangkm's mighty mouse thread. Nice collection of axe's!

• Members

I hope he gets the money for it! i'd like to be proved wrong on this one....... if so all my stuff is goinng on ebay!

Yeah, with that collection you've got going on you could stand to make a pretty penny.

Where the hell are all these people on e-bay coming from that actually have money anyway? Everyone I know here in Kentucky is just struggling to make end's meat around here. Even the rich folk's around here are trying to sell there house's because THEY can't afford them!

Ben-------Altgtr33

• Members

Dixie,
as I said in an earlier post, I saw a similar one to mine (blue), unmodified except for dog bites to the headstock (that's what the seller wrote) and alot of wear and dings, go for over $500 on ebay. I originally put it on here to see what it would bring (didn't put a price) hopefully in trade, but you guys kept asking for a price so I gave one. I don't consider my $600 ($625 on ebay - not $650 Lonnie) any more unrealistic than you offering me $250 Dixie (to which I took no offense). Or maybe I'm wrong, I'm no expert, and I certainly wasn't trying to insult anybody by being way out of market - I guess we will see. Either way, it is a nice guitar.
Scott

• Members

Lon, try a ford bronco! I think she only get's 16 mile's per gallon. A LOT of my $ was going to that. Cheap gas is about the only good thing about this recession were in.

Stashman, speaking for myself the only reason I wanted to know a price was to figure out about how much in TRADE you'd want for the super-sonic, not to buy it. That might be why the other guy's asked too.

Archived