FS/FT Fender Squire SuperSonic Guitar !

stashman

• Members

i dont know, that one looks pretty badass....if that's exactly what you want I'd say 650 is a good price considering you dont have to spend any time or energy sourcing parts, buying from multiple places, having it setup....i bet that thing plays and sounds like a million bucks...i might pay that much for a sonic blue vista jag with that kind of setup...or a sunbusrt venus

I almost got one of those sonic blue vista jag's myself back in 97' but AMS or Squier had just discontinued that color so it was either black or candy apple red(I went with the black). The Venus is another cool vista squier too, one of the first squier/fender guitars I remember having the tune-o-matic type bridge's. I had a chance to buy one of those at a nashville guitar show back in 99' for like $200 or $250(can't remember). I should have bought it considering it was NOS but I'm not a big fan of surf-green. I ended up getting a custom zvex fuzz factory(it was red-sparkle 1 of 10) but, it ended up having an isssue with the switch and I had to go through a LOT of BS with Mr.Vex just to get it fixed. He told me I wrote him the worst e-mail he'd ever gotten(but considering I paid like $300 for a pedal I expect better coustomer service then what I got from him). Ben---------Altgtr33

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah i think i'll hold out for one in the 300.00 range. they go for that around here. thats all a stock one would be worth to me. actually that silver sparkle one is lokking pretty tempting right now!

I hear ya' man. I couldn't even get $300 for my Vista Jag when I sold it on the old HC classified's a few year's back. And it had a Duncan JB in the Bridge too. Only on e(vil)-bay, do these axe's go for those crazy price's.

If you looked the super-sonic up in the big guitar blue-book I'm SURE they can't be worth that much even in the nice shape this guy's is in.

Ben--------Altgtr33

• Members

yeah i don't think he was too interested in my price..... it was kinda low!!! but hey maybe..... just maybe....... it will go low enough for me to get it! if it doesn't sell for what your looking to get. please feel free to counter my offer. i know it was low, but you didn't really set a price. i just went with what i felt like throwing out there. thanks for the kind words XMahkaihX. i still haven't seen any really good dano deals yet.

• Members

Stashman, I didn't mean to burst your bubble on the super-sonic. I'm just trying to be realstic on the value. There's a big difference beetween HC and E(vil)-bay. There's a lot less guy's around here and most of us are the bargin hunter-type guy's(or gal's, though I haven't met any on here).
Anyway, I hope you find the type of guitar your lookin' for in trade;) It might help you out to put a list of the type axe's you'd be intrested it?

Ben--------Altgtr33

• Members

Ben,
I appreciate the thought, maybe I placed an unrealistic value on it, but when I saw one with dog bites to the headstock go for over $500 on ebay, I figured mine's gotta be worth 6, no? Anyway, it's sat untouched for 10 years, it can sit for more, or maybe I'll actually put some new strings on it and play it, who knows. As to trades, I've kind of gotten a patriotic fever, and was going to sell all my imported stuff - so was figuring on getting something U.S. - but, if you look at my guitars, they are pretty diverse - I like all kinds of stuff, and there are plenty of holes in the collection.
Scott

• Members

Scott(that's kinda funny, that's my middle name), like I said I didn't mean to knock your thread or anything(just being the realist I am).
I'll have to see what my cashflow's going to be like next week before I even think about offering anything. Plus, I know my tech would look at me crazy if I told him I traded my LP for a squier(even though he kinda like's the jagmaster's too).
The last few electric's I've traded for on the board's(including my jag) have all had a little grounding issue's(you know, when you touch the strings or metal bit's there'seems to be a slight volume flux and distorted you get more noise not playing then you should). And that's kinda burned me out on trading for anything via the net anymore. But, like I say I'll keep ya' in mind.

Ben---------Altgtr33

• Members

Well, it does have $1,000+ worth of {censored} into it NOT including the labor by a professional luthier. Graph Tech Ferraglide saddles, Trees, and Nut. Seymour Duncan pickups, Copper wiring/DiMarzio tape throughout whole cavity, Orange Drop Caps, CTS Pots, Switchcraft Switch and Jack, custom made Pickguard (nobody makes them so I had to have a template made), 3 ground wires, Schaller locking tuners, Schaller Strap Locks, Abalone Inlays, added springs, a custom set-up for the Hipshot Tremsetter, Wilkinson Tremolo block/plate, J Bass knobs, stainless steel screws (hate that rust), and my ever so standard K-Swiss sticker on the body.

And then after all that, I had the whole thing buffed, waxed, and polished out three times so it would glow under lights. And set-up three times since all the mods so the guitar is all settled in and ready to rock.

Lets just say that I have seen them go for $500-$800 on eBay bone stock, and mine is FAR from such. So whatever he was smoking, was definetly great {censored}.

dude, my mouth is watering. pics? plllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Members

Yeah zbass, I will get some pics for ya. Its gonna have to wait a few weeks for good ones, my fiance has the nice digi cam and she doesnt get back for a few more weeks from school, mine blows but I can certainly send ya some! PM me with your email and I will shoot them over when I get the chance. Thanks for wanting to check it out, its certainly worth it! Just like Stashmans, good {censored}!

• Members

I don't feel like I'd be breaking new ground hoping to get $600 for it.

Scott

Around here that's just expecting too much(even in trade). I know what these went for new, and that's more. If you want that much go to E(vil)-bay! Stuff like this makes me lose all intrest in trading with you.

Ben-------Altgtr33

Archived