Bad Trade Advice Needed...

Backerhacker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Backer - Hard to say at this point whether you're dealing with an irresponsible jerk, or a thief...but it's got a bad smell to it. Either way, just for your protection you might want to do a little research with the Ky. Office of the Attorney General (internet fraud),
http://ag.ky.gov/

Also, the Louisville Metro Police Dept., Financial Crimes Unit, 502-574-7660. They also have a Fraud Squad...502-574-7045.

Hopefully, your guy has a good reason for the non-communication and things will work out...never hurts to have a back-up plan, though. Good luck, bro.

Really appreciate that...I will definately use that info...I am planning on making my move tomorrow.

• Members
I hope this works out.

I have to ask. If he was a noob, why did you send him your guitar without him sending his?/QUOTE]

FAIR QUESTION...He originally listed his axe on HC...seemed very legit. Got his name, address, phone, googled, felt OK after all that. I knew I wanted his which you will see tomorrow. So, a s a show of good faith and to save him some dough...we agreed that if he liked it, he would send me his...if he didn't he would reutrn mine.

I am always more than fair when I trade or sell. I always give acurate descriptions and always extend a three day recision period for any reason. I don't want to cheat anyone...ever.

• Members

I remember when you bought that tele....I SO wanted it.

Yeah...it is a beautiful geet. One of the best I have ever owned. I am just not a Tele guy....I was trading for a very special Gretsch that I would have loved to own...now I just want my guitar back.

• Members

:cop:I had a guy in wisconsin do that to me with a guitar with the orig. agreement be that he apraised the guitar and we would deal accordingly and he got my guitar and stopped all com. so I googled his town and got the chamber of commerce to give the local popo's # and I called the police chief and told him that he had a thief in his town and he asked me if I would sign a complaint and fax it to him and come back fr court if needed and I said yes. two days later I get a call from the chief and he had picked him up and brought him in the station then called me. long story short.. I got his addy got on the net and got a satelite pic of his property, called his landlord to leave paper messages on his door. basically I became a pair of fiberglass underwear to him and got my guitar back..

• Members

:cop:I had a guy in wisconsin do that to me with a guitar with the orig. agreement be that he apraised the guitar and we would deal accordingly and he got my guitar and stopped all com. so I googled his town and got the chamber of commerce to give the local popo's # and I called the police chief and told him that he had a thief in his town and he asked me if I would sign a complaint and fax it to him and come back fr court if needed and I said yes. two days later I get a call from the chief and he had picked him up and brought him in the station then called me. long story short.. I got his addy got on the net and got a satelite pic of his property, called his landlord to leave paper messages on his door. basically I became a pair of fiberglass underwear to him and got my guitar back..

HAHA!Classic.I would do this also.I don't know that I would ever ship a guitar without some sort of collateral,though:idk:

• Members

I had a similar situation with the fellow in my sig. Contacted my local police and went in to file a complaint. The local detective called the cops up there and spoke to a detective there who paid a visit the next day. He shipped the amp the day after the visit. All went well in the case of my thief. Follow the same steps and hopefully all will work out for you also.

• Members

My worst deal was an ebay deal. Took me 3 months to get an amp. The guy would never call me back, stopped all emails....

Finally, when I told him what I did and the friends I had in his city, he agreed to ship it out. Said he was touring and just couldnt find the time to ship it...

3 Months?? No way... If you are touring that much, you dont have time to even list the damn thing!

Finally go it.. Mesa Boogie Studio .22

• Members

Ok...he called! I am sure he had seen this thread and my text stating that I would call the police. He'd had a decent excuse for not getting back to me...he was in the hospital with his injury situation. I indicated to him that he could still continue the trade as long as he continues to communicate with me regularly. I know his injuries are legit, I guess I didn't realize how extensive.

He did admit that he should not have initiated a trade in his current condition and apologized repeatedly. Again, my only concern is/was the lack of communication. So, I am going to let him work out the trade one way or another.

Thank you guys for your kind words and advice. It really helped me forge the course action I'd taken. I hope to be able to report a successful trade in the near future. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Brian

• Members

Glade this one worked out with a happy ending ..I had the same thing happen to me except i was the guy with the amp...I was leaving for out of town on a gig and had just worked out a trade ..I told the other party involved i probable would not have time to ship before leaving...So the Saturday i was out of town my wife accepted the AC30 from the other party involved..

On the flight back home i got extremely sick in a matter of like two hours bad enough that they landed the plain in KC and rushed me to the hospital ..That night my wife drove to independence Missouri which is about 30 miles or so from KC to stay with friends and be able to come to the hospital ..Because i was in intensive care with sufalietios (phonetic spelling)..Anyway we came home 9 days later to an answering machine full of messages a mail box full of letters and a computer full of E-mails..

Needless to say the guy was very happy to hear from me..I even sent him copies of the hospital paper work so he knew i wasn't trying to con him...