WTB Epiphone Elitist LP

underivy

• Members

I'm in the market for an Epi Elitist LP or possibly a comparable LP. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't in a position to buy one new before they were discontinued a little while back.

If anyone has one they are thinking of selling, let me know. :cop:

• Members

Don't get caught up in the hype over Elite/Elitist guitars. They are very nice guitars but there are many other good guitars out there.

I owned an elitist LP and sold it, like I said it was nice, but it wasn't that nice to be a keeper. Plus I made a little profit on the sale.

You can always look at Edwards or Tokai for LP's and I think they'll be around the same price and just as good if not better.

Good Luck in your quest.

• Members

Hey, I appreciate the advice. I figured the Elitists would be a good bang for the buck, but I have seen some nice looking Edwards LPs floating around out there, too. I guess what I'm really looking for is a solid LP, so I'll keep an open mind and look around for the right one.

• Members

I have a epi elite and its a great guitar. After i put a 490 and 498 pickups in it i'll put this lp up against any lp, custom shop or not.Believe the hype...

sorry but the guitar is not for sale.

Sorry Leonard, I thought you were looking to move this ... my bad:cop:

• Members

vidiot: That guitar does look nice, but I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for. Thanks for posting it though!

VH: Thanks for letting me know the status of your LP. If you ever change your mind, let me know.

I appreciate the responses, guys.

Initially, I was feeling antsy because I figured a new guitar would be just the thing to help take my mind off things......But I guess I've decided to exercise a little patience just so that I can be sure to get something that will really send me somewhere. I have a strat to keep my mind busy in the meantime. :)

To summarize: I'm still in the market for a nice LP. Keep 'em coming.

• Members

Most people are aware of these so it's probably old news to you, but rondomusic.com makes fantastic quality LP copies that, in my opinion, compare favorably to the Elitist series: http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss14.html

All of the Agile guitars I have owned have played better than or at least as good as top of the line Gibsons. Others can probably attest to this. You could throw a set of Lollar pickups in an Agile and have a guitar that both plays and sounds on par with a top dollar Gibson at 1/4-1/6 the cost.

Japanese LP copies also tend to be really fantastic. I suggest looking at Burny, Greco and especially History (Tokai, and old Ibanez to a lesser extent). I have a History GH-LC that utterly puts to shame every guitar I've ever played that I acquired in a trade at ~$700 value (though, to be fair, they do cost the Japanese equivalent of $2,400 brand new). You can find many of these guitars for well under a grand, and I'd bet you'd either like them as much as or prefer them to an Elitist.

Just some suggestions. Happy hunting!

• Members

Hey, thanks for the info. I've looked at Rondo, and the 3000m plain is definitely tempting. The Edwards LP-130 is looking very sweet, too. The main thing holding me back is how weak the dollar is right now. :cry:

I'm definitely interested in MIJ guitars, but I haven't looked at any from History. I'll add it to my list of things to watch for.

Also, thanks for the link, sk8.

Archived