Pissed uncool deal with user jutsin

chrometoyz

• Members
OK, lets use this trade as an example and I'd show you exactly what I'd do.

The guitar comes needing a setup. I set it up with no problems.

The saddles were groved wrong so it won't intonate properly. I get new saddles.

The saddle buzzes, I install a new saddle.

There are some "scuffs" that won't show up on a picture. I chalk that up as buying a used guitar.

I think you missed my initial point. If the seller doesn't know there is a problem with the bridge, who is to blame? The seller can't disclose what he doesn't know. (I know I'm making an assumption here but I'm quite sure that if the seller came in this thread he would say he didn't know about that)

These are private sales were the buyer really has no discourse over disagreements about condition. Like I said "caveat emptor". The buyer has to take some responsibility to make sure he doesn't get ripped off. Period.

Look buddy, you can spin it any way you want. Everyone except this guy:
super-retard.jpg
the seller to the OP and, apparently you, knows what "mint condition" means. It's good to know your views on situations like these. You can be sure I'll never buy a thing from you.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, what an intellegent and well thought comeback.

Thanks for the knowledge.

A bit of advice, read up on the term Caveat Emptor, might help you out in the future.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm talked down to because I believe someone has to do their homework before buying something. I'm very surprised that it's such a controversial stance to have some personal responsibility.

I don't trust ANYONE to tell me the truth except for my wife. I greet others with a healthy dose of skepticism. It's served me well so far.

• Members

It's tough buying a guitar without being able to play it first for sure....I would think anyone with any knowlege of guitars would know something is up when a guitar doesnt stay in tune.Even if they guy didnt for say know...seem like he would have said that in a reply and appologized for it instead of just not responding...circumstantial evidence points toward guilt..but who can say....I agree that it does suck,but I also agree that if this guy is dishonest be thankful it only cost you an extra brdge and you will have a sweet ass guitar that you will play for a long time..I remeber that guitar and almost trying to get it becasue the price was good...anyway...I sald a guitar a while back to a guy and it was all stock,but for some reason he was convinced the tuners were not original becasue they did not have the brand name on them like some of the guitars had.I only had the guitar a few weeks and I told him I received it that way...he was wanting a refund,but I wouldnt do it becasue,as I told him,there were pics of the back of the guitar,close ups,indicating everything he was pointng out to me and that I in no way altered the guitar..i also sent him pics of the same model guitar on ebay with the unmarked tuners and with the marked tuners illustrating the point that the guitar came with the tuners both ways...anyway...just becasue I wanted him to be happy with the guitar,I refunded him $50 to buy a set of tuners....I proably shoudnt have,but it made me feel like I did everything within reason even though I wasnt at fault,but everyome isnt like that..anyway....just comes with internet trading...sometimes things are not as perfect as we would like,and that is sometimes the price of convenience.....good luck with the guitar....Its a nice LP....

• Members
does anyone in this thread actually know WTF they are talking about when it comes to a guitar?

jesus {censored}ing Christ this is nitpicking bull{censored}
:facepalm:

Let's all get some torches and storm the castle..... someone sent me an axe for the price I paid for it and now I didn't know what to do with it......
:cry:

When did I say I didnt know what to do to it....?

Forget it man ...its not ur problem anyway.

• Members

Wow, what an intellegent and well thought comeback.

Thanks for the knowledge.

A bit of advice, read up on the term Caveat Emptor, might help you out in the future.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm talked down to because I believe someone has to do their homework before buying something. I'm very surprised that it's such a controversial stance to have some personal responsibility.

I don't trust ANYONE to tell me the truth except for my wife. I greet others with a healthy dose of skepticism. It's served me well so far.

Go back and read my post. I never said he shouldn't do his due diligence.

• Members

You know what {censored} it......no need for this. Yes I started it but I dont want to invade on crabby peoples internet time and space. I know it just pisses you off that you had to click on a "bad deal" link and read people debating on what is right and wrong in internet selling.

It took so much time out of your busy schedule to look at this BS on ur computer monitor.

I still believe you may have a different view if and when it happens to you.

Maybe you will just take it like a man..........who knows only time will tell.

• Members

You know what {censored} it......no need for this. Yes I started it but I dont want to invade on crabby peoples internet time and space. I know it just pisses you off that you had to click on a "bad deal" link and read people debating on what is right and wrong in internet selling.

It took so much time out of your busy schedule to look at this BS on ur computer monitor.

I still believe you may have a different view if and when it happens to you.

Maybe you will just take it like a man..........who knows only time will tell.

He's a seller. That's why he's talking out of his {censored}ing ass.

• Members

He's a seller. That's why he's talking out of his {censored}ing ass.

Ya pretty one sided. Thanks for a vote of trying to keep deals as fair as we can......{censored} does happen and sometimes people are not aware....but I feel like this was pretty obvious to him(seller) if he even really played it.

Kind of sounds like they are buddies or something.

Ive listened to others and realize its only a bridge and I will have a nice guitar......I just got a little pissed cause this guy (seller) seems like he is just being a salesman.

When I told him about the locking strap holders....he replied "I just left them on the guitar as a gift...most people use straplocks".

He said he would send me the originals and asked my address...he just sent me a damn guitar he should know........and then he doesnt answer any messages.

This has tought me that every purchase I need to include getting photos of the strap holders I guess. Most people I see describe this because Ive read it in a ton of threads.

• Members

it's already happened to me. I didn't start thread about it.

I'm a seller? what am I selling?

I also didn't say it was TOTALLY the buyers rewsponsibility, you have a comprehension problem if you got that.

Dude sorry but Im calling bull{censored}...go read what you posted and then come talk. You have been the "lawyer" for the seller since the begining.

Just because you throw out latin words and let people ripp you off doesnt give you any credibility in my book.

• Members

it's already happened to me. I didn't start thread about it.

I'm a seller? what am I selling?

I also didn't say it was TOTALLY the buyers rewsponsibility, you have a comprehension problem if you got that.

Why are you so against people starting threads over deals that are not stand up?

Its not like I just ran to the forum without trying to work this out in private. I bought the guitar on Nov 2nd man.....Ive giving him plenty of time to click on a mouse and hit refund $50.

Although I "overlooked" the large scuffs, strap buttons, horrible buzz, and holes from pickguard. I would think at the least he could do is get me a functional bridge.

I noticed it right away........

• Members
here's a bit of advise for you. don't post on a public forum if you can't take a difference of opinion.

I dont need any advise from you my man......Just quit with your self righteous, Im smart BS.

Belive me dude everyone is clear where you stand.....uv made a point to post more than anyone else in this thread.

You've scored like 10+ post points toward your highpost count already.:facepalm:

• Members

OK, I've tried to be as nice as I can with you but that doesn't seem to work.

I'll break this down as simply as I can. If you expect the seller/trader to have YOUR best interest at heart, you are a fool. And we know what P.T. Barnum said about fools right? No? OK, I'll write it down for you, "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Did you ask for a money back guarentee? Did you state BEFORE the trade that if something wasn't up to your standards, you expected him to make it right? Do you write that down and have a hard copy? If not, the trader doens't owe you jack friend.

You have to state that up front. You can't cry about it later, which is what you are doing.

And what are you crying about? Let me see if I can get this straight.

1. It came "unplayable". Even though it traveled across country and had different envrionments effecting the wood, you were mad that it wasn't ready to go out of the box. And you paid $70 for a setup. (Come on man! 70 bucks? Damn...)

2. There were 2 "scuffs" that can't be photographed. I'd like to see these before I pass judgement on the trader.... Oh yeah, you can't photograph them.

3. The bridge rattles when it's not plugged in. I'm not sure how being plugged in makes the rattle stop. But you've even said in this thread that the bridge is no big deal. But you seem to want the money for it.

Is that it? Let me know if I don't have this straight.

I'm sorry, you really have nothing to bitch about. If you knew anything about Classics you'd already KNOW they come with the pickguard pre-installed. It's the Standards that come with them in the case.

Again, I'm sorry that the guy wouldn't return your PM's but you don't really have a pot to piss in.

And since this is a public forum and you've put this out to the public, I feel it's well within my "rights" to chime in with a different opinion.

Take some personal responsibility for what you spend your money on.

Like I said, be glad you can play it and it doesn't have a broken headstock or something worse.

• Members

Oh yeah, the straplocks.

If you knew anything about Gibson strap pins, you wouldn't want them. Trust me.

Let me guess, are they Schallers? If so, send me your address and I'll send you the parts that fit on the strap. I have tons of them.

• Members

Bust a deal, face the wheel!!!

Anyways, I think the biggest issue here is related to the other OT post in the classifieds, basically that the word mint is just abused beyond belief by people who really won't comb an entire guitar and let you know if they find ANYTHING. who cares if it can be buffed out, it's not buffed out right now so it doesn't freakin matter.

Other than that, out of the posts from bad deals lately, this one is pretty light.

• Members
OK, I've tried to be as nice as I can with you but that doesn't seem to work.

I'll break this down as simply as I can. If you expect the seller/trader to have YOUR best interest at heart, you are a fool. And we know what P.T. Barnum said about fools right? No? OK, I'll write it down for you, "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Did you ask for a money back guarentee? Did you state BEFORE the trade that if something wasn't up to your standards, you expected him to make it right? Do you write that down and have a hard copy? If not, the trader doens't owe you jack friend.

You have to state that up front. You can't cry about it later, which is what you are doing.

And what are you crying about? Let me see if I can get this straight.

1. It came "unplayable". Even though it traveled across country and had different envrionments effecting the wood, you were mad that it wasn't ready to go out of the box. And you paid $70 for a setup. (Come on man! 70 bucks? Damn...)

2. There were 2 "scuffs" that can't be photographed. I'd like to see these before I pass judgement on the trader.... Oh yeah, you can't photograph them.

3. The bridge rattles when it's not plugged in. I'm not sure how being plugged in makes the rattle stop. But you've even said in this thread that the bridge is no big deal. But you seem to want the money for it.

Is that it? Let me know if I don't have this straight.

I'm sorry, you really have nothing to bitch about. If you knew anything about Classics you'd already KNOW they come with the pickguard pre-installed. It's the Standards that come with them in the case.

Again, I'm sorry that the guy wouldn't return your PM's but you don't really have a pot to piss in.

And since this is a public forum and you've put this out to the public, I feel it's well within my "rights" to chime in with a different opinion.

Take some personal responsibility for what you spend your money on.

Like I said, be glad you can play it and it doesn't have a broken headstock or something worse.

Oh thank u holy wise one.

Dude ur just trying to argue with somebody ur points have been taken...move on.

Did I not already state Im not looking for the guy to be responsible for paying a setup?

I already told u numerous times I overlooked the scratches and straplocks and setup!!! What do you not understand brilliant one?

For being such a brainiac I dont understand how you dont understand how pluggin in a guitar and playing through an amp would cover the sound of the rattle in the bridge. How can the pup pick up the rattle when its right next to strings being played?

The pick guard I asked ahead of time....:bor:

I should just be happy the guitar does not have a broken neck....Dude your way off on that Im sure we expect a little more than that when paying for a guitar that costs 1500.....:blah:

Go argue with someone else you made your point of view.:poke:

• Members
Oh yeah, the straplocks.

If you knew anything about Gibson strap pins, you wouldn't want them. Trust me.

Let me guess, are they Schallers? If so, send me your address and I'll send you the parts that fit on the strap. I have tons of them.

What are you his {censored}ing gay lover or something?:cop:

• Members

You were the one crying about the setup, not me. Remember? Go back and read your first post.

I'm sorry I don't totally agree with you. But you have to know your facts first, that goes for everything, not just buying guitars.

Maybe skip the internet trade thing. Seems like you can't handle it.

Again, if I missed some point about what you are mad at, let me know. I think I've stated everything.

And it seems like the trader responded to you at one point, he told you about the straplocks. Could it be that you bugged the {censored} out of him about mundane things and he just quit talking to you?

I know if I traded with someone and he pmed me bitching that he needed to pay for a setup I'd know that I was dealing with a pretty dull one and I might be inclined to ignore it.

As for the pickguard, yes he should have said something but you also could have done an internet search for classics and found out they always came with the pickguard installed. It's not hard to find. THAT is the personal resposibility I'm talking about.

And I also notice a lack of support for your cause. That could be for a couple of reasons. 1 is that they don't side with you. Another could be that I'm talking too much. Who knows.

I would like to know about all the "smart" insults. What is it about intellegence that bothers you so much?

• Members
What are you his {censored}ing gay lover or something?
:cop:

Nice one.

No, if I was his gay lover, I'd already have your address.

I'm just tired of hearing you cry about it.

You do know what kind of straplocks are on your $1500 guitar, right?

• Members

Wow....This has really devolved.

Such a simple point. Seller says guitar is mint. Buyer pays mint condition price. Guitar arrives, not mint, and arguably not even good. Buyer asks for assistance in leveling the deal. Seller ignores him.

Shady seller, I will avoid. Thanks for letting us all know. I hope you find peace with what should have been a soulmate.

Archived