Pissed uncool deal with user jutsin

chrometoyz

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

uhh... to me that sounds pretty damn good. Especially not whine thread worthy. A setup shouldn't even run you upward of 25 bucks so I suggest finding someone else, and if you find a guitar initially set-up to your liking your a lucky minority. Also bridges are cheap and easy to fix, especially hard tails like that. If your smooth you can sometimes get used ones for free or very cheap. Nothing used will ever be perfect, and everything is at least a little worse then it sounds, no one talks down their guitar. Since you bought it with pick-up's that aren't original (If it were all origional and you weren't planning to change anything that would be different) I wouldn't call this an "Uncool Deal"

• Members

uhh... to me that sounds pretty damn good. Especially not whine thread worthy. A setup shouldn't even run you upward of 25 bucks so I suggest finding someone else, and if you find a guitar initially set-up to your liking your a lucky minority. Also bridges are cheap and easy to fix, especially hard tails like that. If your smooth you can sometimes get used ones for free or very cheap. Nothing used will ever be perfect, and everything is at least a little worse then it sounds, no one talks down their guitar. Since you bought it with pick-up's that aren't original (If it were all origional and you weren't planning to change anything that would be different) I wouldn't call this an "Uncool Deal"

I dont care about the setup my man...and there is only one guy in town, a small town of about 16000. The only reason I took it to him was because I wanted someone insured to make neck adjustments. This was in the begining and I wasnt 100% sure if it was fret related or the neck.

Wasnt trying to whine I was pissed though.

In the same respect I dont think I would of bought it for that price stating it will need a new bridge these are cheap so no biggie. If it was a 300 shecter I would agree but not a 1500 purchase.

But point taken!!!

• Members
Its alright now tell that {censored}er to give me a bridge:mad:
:wave::lol:

Now that's some funny {censored} - I don't care who you are!

The reality is that "mint" should be mint no matter how easy or inexpensive the fix is. There is no variance on the term "mint".

If a seller can't differentiate "mint" from...uh..."Not mint" then they don't belong selling in a hands and eyes off manner such as this (pics are no substitute).

As a buyer you should know that there are dishonorable people or simply dolts selling equipment here.

Act accordingly!

• Members

I dont care about the setup my man...and there is only one guy in town, a small town of about 16000. The only reason I took it to him was because I wanted someone insured to make neck adjustments. This was in the begining and I wasnt 100% sure if it was fret related or the neck.

Wasnt trying to whine I was pissed though.

In the same respect I dont thing it would of sold for that price stating it will need a new bridge these are cheap so no biggie. If it was a 300 shecter I would agree but not a 1500 purchase.

But point taken!!!

Yeah at 1500 that should have been factored into the price, I was under the impression this was a 300 dollar Epi or something (Only read the op). If your plunkin down 1500 things best be in order.

And I have no room to talk I'm a trade nazi.

"Nein, Nein, Nein, Zer Must Be Trading Order, I Will Except Nothing Less Zen Absolute Trading Victory!!"

lol

• Members

Now that's some funny {censored} - I don't care who you are!

The reality is that "mint" should be mint no matter how easy or inexpensive the fix is. There is no variance on the term "mint".

If a seller can't differentiate "mint" from...uh..."Not mint" then they don't belong selling in a hands and eyes off manner such as this (pics are no substitute).

As a buyer you should know that there are dishonorable people or simply dolts selling equipment here.

Act accordingly!

Advise taken;)

• Members

Yeah at 1500 that should have been factored into the price, I was under the impression this was a 300 dollar Epi or something (Only read the op). If your plunkin down 1500 things best be in order.

And I have no room to talk I'm a trade nazi.

"Nein, Nein, Nein, Zer Must Be Trading Order, I Will Except Nothing Less Zen Absolute Trading Victory!!"

lol

Ya thats my gear whoring cash...lol

Thanks for ur input.

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2474951

While he does use the term "dead mint as well" while posting extra pics and describing the case, insinuating that the guitar is dead mint as well, he finally says the guitar is in "excellent condition". Some scuffs that will not show up on camera might be excusable. Definately be on your guard with this guy.

...and to Bengal, it does seem like you're defending him by making excuses for him right from the very start. Not taking sides, just giving my opinion. Haven't seen you around lately hope you're doing well, sir.

**EDIT**

I hope this gets resolved. Unhappy buyers don't make it easy for anyone.

• Members

If he described it as mint condition he was being untruthful.

Mint condition is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. Originally, the phrase comes from the way collectors describe the condition of coins. As the name given to a coin factory is a 'mint', then mint condition is the condition a coin is in as it leaves the mint. Over time, the term "mint" began to be used to describe many different items having excellent, like-new quality.

He at least owes you $50.00. I'd say $100.00 would be fair since you needed a setup to make it playable.

• Members

While he does use the term "dead mint as well" while posting extra pics and describing the case, insinuating that the guitar is dead mint as well, he finally says the guitar is in "excellent condition". Some scuffs that will not show up on camera might be excusable. Definately be on your guard with this guy.

...and to Bengal, it does seem like you're defending him by making excuses for him right from the very start. Not taking sides, just giving my opinion. Haven't seen you around lately hope you're doing well, sir.

**EDIT**

I hope this gets resolved. Unhappy buyers don't make it easy for anyone.

Ya I noticed the decription of the case last night and it has a softball size mark right on the front...lol. I never tried to capture the scratches on the back as I think the point is kind of moot, he hasnt logged in here since the 18th. Oh well!

• Members

If he described it as mint condition he was being untruthful.

Mint condition is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. Originally, the phrase comes from the way collectors describe the condition of coins. As the name given to a coin factory is a 'mint', then mint condition is the condition a coin is in as it leaves the mint. Over time, the term "mint" began to be used to describe many different items having excellent, like-new quality.

He at least owes you $50.00. I'd say $100.00 would be fair since you needed a setup to make it playable.

Id be happy with the $50 bridge!

Ya he goes even further in PMs about the "dead mint" thing.

Thanks for ur input.

• Members

This is one that pissed me off about the hardware problem I have:

To : chrometoyz
Date : 2009-11-01 17:59
Title : Re: Gibby
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it a good player? Just wondering why ur selling it. I know how gibson is kinda hit and miss sometimes. Did u put the blkouts in our did you buy it like that?

Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated...

DP

Hi dp,
I've owned 8 Gibsons, and this is by far the best playing one that I have ever used. The blackouts were professionally installed for me after I bought the guitar. As mentioned in the posting, it hasn't been played all that much. I'm not a gigging musician, and the previous owner was a bass player. There are a few reasons I'm selling it: I'm not a gigging musician haha. I am most likely switching over to drums. And finally, i just have too much guitar gear that doesn't get used. If you want any more pictures or have any other questions feel free to ask! Thanks
justin

• Members

Just to show I asked questions before the purchase.

Hey Dave,

no worries at all! I always bug the heck out of people when I am considering buying a piece of their gear. I won't try to persuade you, as I'm sure you're familiar with both models. I personally prefer the classic for the slim neck. If you don't like the blackouts (what kind of music do you play?) I think you could easily fetch enough to replace them with some good Duncans or Dimarzios etc.

One thing that's good for the classic is that they are now discontinued and value will only go up.

as far as the age of the guitar goes- that's personal preference. i like older guitars because they have had more time to stabilize and generally sound better. Craftsmanship on new guitars unfortunately seems to only go downhill as time goes on now.

Anyway, sorry for the rant haha I could talk for a long time about guitars, and even longer about amps!

thanks,

justin

Hey Dave,

Yes! Those are for a dunlop strap lock system. I left them on there for you kind of as a gift haha. I assumed that you (as most people) would use a strap lock like that. If you don't like them, I can send you the standard ones.

I took some off another guitar I had....its fixed now but he never did send them.

• Members

Hi,

thanks for the PM and continued interest. The frets are in fantastic condition- virtually no wear at all. No serious dings or scratches either. The guy who owned it before me had
a couple of pick marks on it, but that's it
. The back is almost dead perfect- I don't wear belts ;-)

The Blackouts are all new, and there are brand new high quality CTS long shaft pots installed. The jack may be the original one, but either way is in perfect working condition. if you really want to change it you can get a neutrik or switchcraft mono for $1 or $2.

If you are interested, I can meet you in the middle and do $1500 shipped. Don't forget the OHSC is included as well as the box to the blackouts.

Thanks,

Justin

PS- what's your location?

To be fair to him on replies, he did reply in the begining he only stopped talking with me when we spoke about cash back.

I might have annoyed him a little cause I didnt know 100% what it needed. I thought of everything from frets-neck adjustments, nut, and bridge.

I didnt get confirmation that it is the bridge till later......

Im happy it is just the bridge.......so;)

• Members

Im just gonna let this go...........

I understand even more so now that setups are the buyers responsibility.
I dont think he is responsible in paying a luthier for any of the setup cost.

I will just be out the bridge but in putting a new one on and showing it some love...I will get to know the axe even better, so its cool.

Thanks everybody for not giving me too much {censored} I put it up here last night in the heat of the moment. Looking back I dont regret posting it though as it can serve as a reference in what to ask before you buy....and that just because ur buying a highend instrument from someone that has had previous sells does not mean much.

Have a killer Sat.............

Peace

• Members

I will admit that I didnt read this whole thing but when you buy something it should arrive as stated. Although the seller isnt responsible for a setup, he is responsible for providing a guitar capable of being setup, unless he states prior to the sale that there is something wrong with it. That said, I was very interested in this guitar and I believe I offered you my mint schon for it. If not, and you are interested, send me a pm.

Archived