Fender Showmaster Scorpion Guitar $200 Shipped

Everlost87

• Members

so I called paypal, they told me to call my bank. I have to wait till the end of April until RBC can open a claim (30 days from the expected shipping arrival of 7-14 business days).

It's just one waiting game after another. I think my HC buying days are over. It's not worth it. Most of the trusted sellers on here seem to prefer to ship CONUS anyway.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i wouldnt necessarily stop, but i would check out the seller before doing anything. like make sure hes got a good rep and you have multiple sources of getting to him, home and business, cell. address. asking around to see if the guys on much or not. ive shipped to Germany for the first time the other day (first over seas) scary but i did it and everything went well. i may not be a senior here but i def know that there are a bunch a good guys willing to ship out of the country. just find em :thu: and again on behalf of the forum were truly sorry that you had to deal with that jackass :mad:

• Members

thanks again Al. I guess my earlier transactions went really well (+1 to abracadaver & vidiot72) and I based this on that. Also some research on bad deals only gave me the name IndianScout, so I thought this was safe. I thought ebay/other forum profiles and a phone number were enough, but I guess I was wrong.

But hey, it's a lesson learned, albeit a pricey one (for a student anyway) :facepalm:

• Members

I dunno if it's OK to do so, but should I post his PayPal email and name?

That way, you guys can avoid him in the future.

And if you're in NY and want to do me a favour and ask wtf is going on, I also have a number...

• Members
I dunno if it's OK to do so, but should I post his PayPal email and name?

That way, you guys can avoid him in the future.

And if you're in NY and want to do me a favour and ask wtf is going on, I also have a number...

Yeah, totally do it.
And make sure to only use paypal gift with someone you know you can trust.
The extra 5 bucks it would have taken in this case, would've been totally worth it.
Sorry this guy did this to you. :cry:

• Members

A similar thing happened to me once on ebay. Turned out that the dude was only about a hour away. Long story short, I called him and told him my band was coming to his next show(myspace LOL) and we were walking off the stage with his gear. Needless to say the deal was squared away.

• Members

Hey man,

If you know what town he's in you should give the police a call... couldn't hurt... if they pay him a visit it may persuade him to make this right... or at the very least make his life miserable if only for a few minutes. Guy looks like a total d-bag, by the way.

• Members

Hey man,

If you know what town he's in you should give the police a call... couldn't hurt... if they pay him a visit it may persuade him to make this right... or at the very least make his life miserable if only for a few minutes. Guy looks like a total d-bag, by the way.

Hmm. His MySpace says Herkimer county, and that's as far as I can pinpoint it, so as far as that goes, I'm SOL on calling his hometown police.

thanks for the suggestion though. :thu:

BroBlue, thanks for taking time to msg him for me. At least I'm not alone in this :)

ibbyDude, how did you ever find this guy? Seems to actually be him too - he said he got himself a Jaguar and his MySpace pic shows just that!

• Members
ibbyDude, how did you ever find this guy? Seems to actually be him too - he said he got himself a Jaguar and his MySpace pic shows just that!

if you google any hotmail email address and click the speakeo link itll bring you to a rough background of the email and it usually contains a name ... and if you search emails on FB it'll usually bring you to a profile and his facebook had his myspace link ;)
Resourceful i kno

• Members

hey that looks exactly like a knock off. I may be wrong but a brand called Douglas makes that same guitar with that same scorpion inlay. I was gunna buy 1 on ebay for 100 bucks. I think the dude slapped on a decal and called it a fender. But I might be wrong.

• Members

Archived